Author Topic: LONDON OLYMPICS 2012  (Read 21582 times)

Cupcake

Re: LONDON OLYMPICS 2012
« Reply #75 on: 11:29:47, 12/08/12 »
And isn't David Rudisha a lovely man?    I loved Usain Bolt doing Mo Farah's pose as he crossed the line, then later, the two of them doing one another's poses, wearing their golds.  Maybe I am biased, but these Games really do seem to be the most good-natured ever. It's been one long party. 

Daley got himself a bronze.  Dived well, but the winner dived brilliantly.  No shame in doing your best and being beaten by someone better.    I'm glad he got himself a medal.
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: 11:41:17, 12/08/12 »
I'm lost in admiration for all of them - brilliant efforts.
I'm watching the Marathon and was wondering after the athletes have passed the flag wavers do the crowds disperse?  Can't imagine they would still stand watching nothing :-\
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: 23:20:24, 12/08/12 »
Watching the closing ceremony and a gold medal was presented to the Ugandan who won the Marathon - silver and bronze to the two Kenyans.

Have enjoyed John Lennon appearing on a screen singing 'Imagine' (great song)  Madness, Liam Gallagher, and the Spicies, Brian May now on - they seem to be trying to get in as many acts as they can, Jessie J - she is now singing 'We will rock you' with Queen.
More to come....

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: 07:49:54, 13/08/12 »
Boris Johnson dances to the Spice Girls

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/12/boris-johnson-spice-girls-london_n_1771013.html

spice girl cars
As HuffPost Entertainment reported earlier, there was a wild flair to the whole ceremony

« Last Edit: 08:04:56, 13/08/12 by celeste »

Cupcake

« Reply #79 on: 14:32:52, 13/08/12 »
And just for Sheila, Valerie Adams has the shot putt gold after the putter from Belarus who won tested positive for an anabolic substance.  Shame to be cheated out of standing on the podium though.

I was at a wedding, which was brilliant, but I missed everything.  Boxing gold and silver, Pentathlon silver and the closing ceremony....   :-\   Went to put the telly on this morning and then remembered it's all over.  Two years to Edinburgh...... fortunately, I planned for this gloom and bought a bar of Fruit and Nut chocolate with this week's groceries, so I will be fine! 

Best Games ever - and not just cos it was here and we won loads.  Friendliest, most inclusive and generous atmosphere.  The planning was fabulous too - the men's marathon route was actually a gorgeous tour of the City, even if you didn't watch the runners.  Even the weather was perfect....
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

lozflan

« Reply #80 on: 12:20:05, 15/08/12 »
WHAT HAPPENED IN THE FOOTBALL. ??. medals.??.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: 19:47:08, 15/08/12 »
« Last Edit: 19:52:47, 15/08/12 by celeste »