Author Topic: Old Shops  (Read 9401 times)

jbloom

Re: Old Shops DERBERS SHOES
« Reply #15 on: 13:42:04, 10/11/16 »
I can tell you about Derbers Shoe shop on Market Street..............the shop was franchised out to my dad's best mate Nat Grupman from Mr Derber the owner of the 'brand'..........Nat ran it for years with his wife Ann and quite often their 2 daughters would work there too. I don't know if its the same dark haired Italian looking girl as you have mentioned as there will have been many young girls amongst the shop staff over the years but Nat and Ann's younger daughter had very dark hair so it could have been her. She was called Tracy. Their older daughter Lisa was a striking redhead like her mum. To finish anyway they weren't Italian they were Jewish (Ann was a convert) but some of the shoes they imported and sold may well have been Italian of course!!
Hope that helps!! Julian

Annie D

Re: Old Shops
« Reply #16 on: 08:29:20, 23/10/20 »
Just been searching for the Derber shoes and found this very old post! So had to join and comment, people I ask don't remember Derbers.

Just LOVED that shop, but wasn't it on the corner Blackfriar street and Deansgate? Cost me a weeks/more wage many a time,  :o  couldn't pass it without buying something. That shop really turned me into Imelda Marco ;D [size=78%] [/size]