Author Topic: does anyone remember genevieves in longsight and if so what was it called later  (Read 22296 times)

joan andrews

Does anyone remember genevieves nightclub in longsight and if so what did it change its name to later and then went downhill ? :-\

Dor

Does anyone remember genevieves nightclub in longsight and if so what did it change its name to later and then went downhill ? :-\
  Now you got me thinking.... :-\
'I am such a bloody talented guy. I might go into painting or something"
AF

joan andrews

Hiya Dor was it called terets because that pervy jimmy saville DJ called Ray Teret who is in the news now bought it or took it over? Its doing my head in trying to remember  :-\

Chipsandgravy

I believe it was called Oceans's Eleven, then Genevieves and then The International, there was another post regarding the club recently  :)

Rocles

It was later called The Sting (mid to late '80s)

Chipsandgravy

Thanks for that Rocles... I moved out of the area in 1978 so didn't really know of The Sting

Dor

Hiya Dor was it called terets because that pervy jimmy saville DJ called Ray Teret who is in the news now bought it or took it over? Its doing my head in trying to remember  :-\
///I'm having the same problem joan ....
I remember Ugly Ray though ... ;D
'I am such a bloody talented guy. I might go into painting or something"
AF

joan andrews

Fools Gold

After Genevieves it was definitely called The International, with The Carousel on Plymouth Grove.

joan andrews

thanks for that fools gold it has been doing my head in..... :D

Fools Gold

Joan,

[censored], may have got this wrong!  I think The International was on Plymouth Grove, formally The Carousel.

:-\

Manx

There were two International clubs....

The International 1 was on Anson Road - previously Oceans 11, the rink, Genevieves etc' while the International 2 was on Plymouth Grove - previously the Ardri, Slosky's, Carousel, the Astoria etc'
« Last Edit: 10:24:37, 05/12/12 by Manx »

joan andrews

thanks for that manx much appreciated  :)

A_Brit_In_Indy

It was called Oceans Eleven, then Genevieves the The International, I used to DJ at The Carousel with Jed Carr

Torquay jules

This club was my haven, used to collect the free tickets so we could go during the week.
We used to frequent Kloisters as well.