Author Topic: Beast of Manchester dies.  (Read 6667 times)

Manchester Man

Beast of Manchester dies.
« on: 17:02:11, 08/12/12 »
I've not seen any reference on here but Trevor Hardy (The Beast of Manchester) died on the 23rd September 2012 In Wakefield Prison.

Hardy killed 3 teenage girls starting with Janet Stewart aged 15 in 1974, then Wanda Skala aged 17 in 1975 followed by Sharon Mosoph aged 17 in 1976.

Hardy received 3 life sentences with "Whole term" order ie he would never be released.
All the girls were killed in the Newton Heath area with Janet Stewart being buried on the Recreation Ground on Ten Acres Lane.

I knew Hardy as a youngster and he was bad then. Hope he's now rotting in Hell.

ATB
Ray.
Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Cupcake

Re: Beast of Manchester dies.
« Reply #1 on: 17:43:39, 08/12/12 »
Can't argue with that.  Although sometimes, the idea of karmic reincarnation where you get what you deserve in your next life also appeals to me. 
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

Corrupt council

« Reply #2 on: 18:20:46, 08/12/12 »
Never heard of the beast of manchester one to google up.

Out of curiosity I wonder where manchester is in the league table for murder in the uk.

ROY.

Cupcake

« Reply #3 on: 18:35:15, 08/12/12 »
I read something about this, and Nottingham was top with 5.2 cases per 100,000 people, believe it or not. 

There was a capital comparison too and London was just over 2, whilst Belfast was 4.4 and Edinburgh somewhere between those numbers.  Of the 20/30 capitals considered, London was bottom five and only three had no murders.   I think Amsterdam and Lisbon were 7 and 9 respectively.  Top of the shop was Washington, I believe, with a figure over 60. 

Corrupt council

« Reply #4 on: 18:42:16, 08/12/12 »
I do remember a documentary years ago that stated the uk as a whole had a higher murder rate than the United States per head of population.

That seemed incredible  considering the gun culture of the USA .

Is it just me or is Britain getting more violent , I notice there is more tolerance for bad behaviour in public with people turning a blind eye.
When I was a child in manchester the smell of weed was frowned upon by elders , now the elders are the ones smoking it ..
ROY.

Cupcake

« Reply #5 on: 18:49:09, 08/12/12 »
You know what they say about statistics.....  ;)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 18:54:08, 08/12/12 »
I don't know about more violent but I think people are becoming hardened in their attitudes it would seem, I was astounded to read that not one single person gave their seat to a pregnant woman recently - I think that was disgraceful!
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Cupcake

« Reply #7 on: 19:00:46, 08/12/12 »
Well you do have to factor in that a lot of women would take offence at such sexist conduct..... ;D   I reckon that if you constantly bombard people with tabloid stories of violence and anarchy, everyone will develop a thicker skin.  Otherwise you'd walk round constantly in tears and terrified..... 

arthurchappell

« Reply #8 on: 20:36:55, 08/12/12 »
Wow, I remember the case - My father was questioned by the police as he had worked with Wanda Skala in a pub - The Lightbowne Hotel - now demolished - the police took saliva tests of hundreds of men around the murder site - also close to my home
Arthur Chappell, writer,  Civil War Re-enactor, ex-cult member, socialite  http://arthurchappell.me.uk/

Facebook - http://profile.to/arthurchappell/

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 20:42:51, 08/12/12 »
Well you do have to factor in that a lot of women would take offence at such sexist conduct..... ;D   I reckon that if you constantly bombard people with tabloid stories of violence and anarchy, everyone will develop a thicker skin.  Otherwise you'd walk round constantly in tears and terrified.....
21 November 2012 Last updated at 21:26   

Pregnant woman 'refused' Manchester Metrolink tram seat    Meenakshi has a pregnancy-related pelvic condition that leaves her in constant pain A pregnant woman who says she was left standing on Manchester's Metrolink when passengers refused to give up seats has complained that staff failed to help.
Meenakshi Minnis' baby is due in three weeks and a pregnancy-related pelvic condition means she is in pain and unable to stand for long.
She claims she asked eight people for their seat after getting on the tram in the city centre, without success.
Metrolink said staff cannot force passengers to move.
Ms Minnis, 31, of Timperley, said: "I asked eight people that were there if someone would give up their seat and they all just looked at me and didn't. Dangerous journey  "Then I pleaded with the Metrolink staff saying can you get somebody to stand up and he didn't do anything either."
She said having to stand for the journey was dangerous for herself and her baby, and she has spoken out so people might be more considerate to fellow passengers.
Ms Minnis has made a formal complaint to Metrolink officials.
Susan Wildman, of Transport for Greater Manchester, apologised and said: "We do designate some seats as priority seats and we do ask passengers to be aware of other passengers who are getting on the tram, and to be aware that if they are in a priority seat they should give that up for someone in greater need, clearly as this lady was."     

Manchester Man

« Reply #10 on: 21:01:53, 08/12/12 »
Wow, I remember the case - My father was questioned by the police as he had worked with Wanda Skala in a pub - The Lightbowne Hotel - now demolished - the police took saliva tests of hundreds of men around the murder site - also close to my home

On the night that Wanda was murdered one of my Apprentices was out on his Stag Night. He lived not far from where she was found and was roped in for testing.
The poor lad hadn't a clue where he'd been or what he'd done. He was so relieved when the testing ruled him out although no-one thought it could have been him.

Hardy was nasty from a young age and it was certain he would be no good. Unfortunately I suspect no-one knew just how bad he would be.

ATB
Ray.
Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Cupcake

« Reply #11 on: 21:48:48, 08/12/12 »
21 November 2012 Last updated at 21:26   

Meenakshi Minnis' baby is due in three weeks and a pregnancy-related pelvic condition means she is in pain and unable to stand for long........She said having to stand for the journey was dangerous for herself and her baby........Ms Minnis has made a formal complaint to Metrolink officials.
Why ever did she get on a packed tram then?  She apparently put herself and her child at risk.   Yes, the people on the tram were ill-mannered and mean, but she chose to travel that way and had obviously been walking around Manchester......  Seems a bit strange if you are in agony and struggle to stand for the 20 minutes or so to Timperley.  Also seems odd that not a single person got off the tram before then and left an empty seat for her.....   ???

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 21:54:41, 08/12/12 »
I think we've digressed from the thread, but the tram must have been her quickest way of getting home though why she got on it I wouldn't have asked her, I would have just given up my seat for her.

Cupcake

« Reply #13 on: 22:00:48, 08/12/12 »
Me too, but ultimately nobody else is responsible for her baby's wellbeing so taking a pop at tram staff is out of order. 

Yes, sorry, we have digressed, better stop now or the Mod will scold us.  She's fierce!  ;)   

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: 22:02:50, 08/12/12 »
I was going to let you have the last word as well :P 

as usual :D