Author Topic: North Manchester Grammar School For Boys.  (Read 22437 times)

St Chads Lad

Re: North Manchester Grammar School For Boys.
« Reply #45 on: 13:36:39, 01/10/19 »
Kick up the bottom from the IRA? So are we to assume Salman Abedi contributed to improvements at the Arena, if we follow that logic?  :-\

Phil the Mill

Re: North Manchester Grammar School For Boys.
« Reply #46 on: 14:59:05, 01/10/19 »
Mmm. "It is a fact that Sibson was a paedophile. We all knew it. We all knew his latest squeeze. We all took steps to avoid placing ourselves in a position of risk. Although we talked to each other about his behaviour, we never told our parents and/or members of staff."

Easy enough to throw mud when the fellow's been dead for years. I'd have thought that in these days of 'fake news' (nothing new about that of course), and with a good education behind us, we might have done better than to say 'We all knew it'. Come on 'Blackley Boy'! Put your own personal story down, if you have one. I've told my story and in 8 years at NMGS I never heard anyone say Sibson had done anything of a sexual nature to them. Somewhat sadistic, perhaps, but in those days that was acceptable. Too many people in recent years have been falsely accused of sexual misdemeanours - I'm remembering Paul Gambaccini and Clif Richard, plus Neymar (and there were other footballers too). Not really fair, I'd say.

Also, in my last year at NMGS I can immediately think of at least three Jewish Prefects (by name, and I rather think four). That'd be about a representative percentage of the 6th Form population. So, paedophile and antisemitic. Anything else you'd like to throw in?  ::)
« Last Edit: 15:53:19, 01/10/19 by Phil the Mill »