Author Topic: abuse in manchester childrens homes  (Read 3051 times)

scooby do

abuse in manchester childrens homes
« on: 18:02:55, 07/03/07 »
i have listened to a news report on r5live saying that manchester council are paying 2million in compensation to kids who were in care during the 50 & 60s. as i was in care from 1954 to 1965 and never had any problems.what do you think?

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: abuse in manchester childrens homes
« Reply #1 on: 18:21:51, 07/03/07 »
I've heard this before - some real horror stories - can be more dangerous these days as perverts seem to head for places where they can have power over the vulnerable,  a few american type lawyers could put a stop to this sortof thing, including abuse of the elderly
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

scooby do

« Reply #2 on: 18:37:32, 07/03/07 »
this guy says he was abused by 19 guys in 5 years, the home i was in didn't have any guys in it only women, and it was about 3 miles from northendon. the stories do not ring true. the council was not perfect, but they were not bad.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 22:28:53, 07/03/07 »
If he was lying, it would make more sense for him to say three or less guys,  he would have known so many would make it more unbelievable,  which years was this supposed to have happened?  I suppose any names were not mentioned were they?

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 22:38:52, 07/03/07 »
There used to be an approved school for girls on Sale Road, which is about three miles from Northenden,  but unless they started letting boys in, and you were the first one, and then more boys were let in later - I can't think of any other

village_idiot

« Reply #5 on: 11:12:46, 08/03/07 »
i went to a girls approved school or borstal as it was called then i didnt abuse anyone
all i did was [censored] as many as i could and get out before i got me ass whacked
village idiot

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 11:50:28, 08/03/07 »
bring back hanging

scooby do

« Reply #7 on: 12:53:05, 08/03/07 »
There used to be an approved school for girls on Sale Road, which is about three miles from Northenden,  but unless they started letting boys in, and you were the first one, and then more boys were let in later - I can't think of any other
I went to a kids home for orphans,  a world away from an approved school / borstal the home was called belmont & and was in cheadle, about 3 miles from northenden/ rosehill.
 I can say there was no abuse there apart from the odd clip around the ear, which is why i find these stories hard to believe.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 17:32:11, 08/03/07 »
I think you were lucky in that respect, I have no doubt that abuse went on and goes on where they can get away with it, too many stories, and they are not above abusing old people

Tuesday

« Reply #9 on: 21:22:16, 08/03/07 »
Sadly..abuse and/or bullying can happen anywhere that has a strong character hell bent on causing misery and weaker persons following suit. We must stamp it out!! :(
"I'll think about it tomorrow", Scarlett O'Hara (Gone with the Wind.)

scooby do

« Reply #10 on: 14:30:03, 09/03/07 »
my point i am trying to make, is i don't think there is very much in these allegations and the council has given in to money grabbers, because it's hard to disprove and most of the carers have passed away. never mind its not their money is it.

Tuesday

« Reply #11 on: 18:06:37, 09/03/07 »
sadly you could be right...people jumping on the bandwagon...so awful sullying the deceased carers names! :(
"I'll think about it tomorrow", Scarlett O'Hara (Gone with the Wind.)