Author Topic: 3 actors from one show investigated for sexual offences  (Read 5603 times)

Corrupt council

What's going on in corrie? ???

3 actors in serious trouble . 2 in court. :P

Craig Charles was falsely accused years ago .  :-*

So if they all found guilty will that be the end of coronation street?

ROY.

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: 3 actors from one show investigated for sexual offences
« Reply #1 on: 22:01:10, 01/05/13 »
It's going to cost a lot of money whether or not they are found guilty, I can't see where the evidence from so long ago will be proof enough for convictions
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Dor

« Reply #2 on: 06:17:17, 02/05/13 »
Who knows what really happened, it's a bit too late to come out with these allegations now .
'I am such a bloody talented guy. I might go into painting or something"
AF

Adsum

« Reply #3 on: 10:19:35, 02/05/13 »
This is going beyond farce now. Following these recent allegations to their logical conclusion I doubt that there will soon be a "Celebrity not under arrest. How the hell is it suddenly happening that after up to almost 50 years so many "Victims" are coming forward to allege sexual abuse or worse? I was in my teens and 20s in the 60s, and there were occasions when a snog would turn into a furtive attempt at a sly grope, only to be rebuffed more often than not. Will some of these grannies now come forward to accuse me of indecent assault one cold night in 1963 behind Ashton Palais?  :o

First and foremost let me state that ANY serious case of indecent assault/rape should be punished, and quite rightly so. My reservations are that if any of these decades old allegations  are compensation driven, then it dilutes the claims of genuine cases who for whatever reason didn't voice their ordeals at the time. I do believe a lot of celebs took advantage of their status to exploit young women. Any pop star DJ or whoever used to consider rightly or wrongly lots of sex on the side from willing groupies a "Perk of the job".

I also believe that most of these cases will be thrown out of court, but mud sticks. Anybody accused of a serious sexual offence, or any other crime come to that, in my opinion deserves the right to remain anonymous until proven guilty. Why do the headlines have to scream out the accused's names prior to a fair trial?
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Adsum

« Reply #4 on: 10:56:06, 02/05/13 »
Latest update!

Broadcaster Stuart Hall has pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting 14 young women. One as young as 9 years old. To say I am shocked that he has pleaded guilty to child molestation is an understatement.  :o  He deserves everything he gets when he is sentenced.

« Last Edit: 11:36:24, 02/05/13 by Adsum »

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 14:15:04, 02/05/13 »

Anybody accused of a serious sexual offence, or any other crime come to that, in my opinion deserves the right to remain anonymous until proven guilty. Why do the headlines have to scream out the accused's names prior to a fair trial?
I agree Adsum, also I think the press and police should use the phrase 'being interviewed with regard to...'  - arrested sets everyone's imagination working overtime

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 14:43:50, 02/05/13 »
Latest update!

Broadcaster Stuart Hall has pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting 14 young women. One as young as 9 years old. To say I am shocked that he has pleaded guilty to child molestation is an understatement.  :o  He deserves everything he gets when he is sentenced.

Strong evidence must have been found then, as he has admitted guilt does that mean he doesn't have to appear in court except to be sentenced?

Adsum

« Reply #7 on: 15:05:25, 02/05/13 »
"Strong evidence must have been found then, as he has admitted guilt does that mean he doesn't have to appear in court except to be sentenced"?

Yes he has to appear in court on June 17th for sentencing because he has been told that a custodial sentence is not out of the question. I have just been chatting to a relation of mine a fellow journalist who has been a friend of S.Hs for over 30 years. He is as shocked as anybody that he has pleaded guilty. He said had he not admitted it, he would have found it hard to believe, having known him for so long.

julie

« Reply #8 on: 16:43:25, 02/05/13 »
I just don't get it what is happening and why now?
There must have been people who saw what happened aren't they as guilty?
fate keeps on happening

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 16:45:18, 02/05/13 »
Julie, he was described as 'an opportunistic predator' - he waited until his prey was isolated which sounds as though there weren't any witnesses

julie

« Reply #10 on: 19:04:46, 02/05/13 »
Still don't get it.Now my dad was a born and bred Manchester man same as his mates nothing ever escaped him about our city h always had some gossip to tell us but I don't suppose he would have gone into too much detail if I was earwiggging.
fate keeps on happening

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 19:08:59, 02/05/13 »
I think it must have come as a bit of a shock to most people

Corrupt council

« Reply #12 on: 19:10:41, 02/05/13 »
Something YOU all missed is Stuart hall pleaded guilty a month ago.

4 weeks ago he pleaded guilty but reporting restrictions were put in place , now that's a controlled media if ever there was one.

Now think about why you have never heard or seen a recent picture of Abu quattada , let alone why you have never seen him speak.

What else is not being reported I wonder?
ROY.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: 19:17:38, 02/05/13 »
Broadcaster Stuart Hall admits indecent assaults     Ed Thomas reports: "Again and again the question was put to Stuart Hall - what have you got to say to your victims?" Related Stories
  • 'Hall used private BBC room' Listen
  • Stuart Hall 'opportunistic predator' Watch
  • Profile: Stuart Hall
  • BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall has admitted 14 charges of indecently assaulting girls, one aged nine.
    The 83-year-old of Wilmslow, Cheshire, pleaded guilty at Preston Crown Court to the offences, involving 13 victims, which occurred between 1967 and 1985.
    The ex-host of the BBC game show It's a Knockout host was bailed and is due to be sentenced on 17 June.
    His lawyer said he apologised to his victims and was "all too aware that his disgrace is complete".
    Three charges of indecent assault and one of rape will lie on the court file.
    Hall was working as a football reporter on BBC Radio 5 Live and wrote a weekly sport column for the Radio Times magazine until his arrest.'Opportunistic predator' A BBC spokesperson said: "The BBC is appalled by the disgraceful actions of Stuart Hall and we would like to express our sympathy to his victims. We will continue to work with the police to assist them in this and any other inquiries they are making."
    Leaving court Hall, who previously had described the allegations as "pernicious and spurious", was pressed by reporters for an apology but said: "I've got a very heavy cold. I have no comment to make at all."
    Hall admitted the offences last month but they could not be revealed due to reporting restrictions.    DCI Neil Esseen and Nazir Afzal from the CPS spoke outside the court The court heard one of his victims, aged 17, was assaulted on the same day It's A Knockout was recorded in Ely, Cambridgeshire in 1973.
    Chief Crown Prosecutor for the North West, Nazir Afzal, described Hall as an "opportunistic predator".
    "We prosecuted Stuart Hall because the evidence of the victims clearly established a pattern of behaviour that was unlawful and for which no innocent explanation could be offered," he said.
    "His victims did not know each other and almost two decades separated the first and last assaults but almost all of the victims, including one who was only nine at the time of the assault, provided strikingly similar accounts.
    "Whether in public or private, Hall would first approach under friendly pretences and then bide his time until the victim was isolated.
    "I would like to thank the victims for having had the bravery to come forward. This case clearly shows that the victims of abuse will not be denied justice by the passage of time and abusers will be held to account."
    Mr Afzal said the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) would not be proceeding with the rape charge as the woman who made the allegation no longer wished to give evidence in light of the guilty pleas.'Never forget voice' Det Chief Insp Neil Esseen, of Lancashire Constabulary's major investigation team, paid tribute to Hall's victims for their bravery.
    "The admissions of Mr Hall will at least spare his victims the ordeal of having to recount their abuse at a trial," he said.
     In court Judith Moritz North of England correspondent, BBC News
      Court Ten at Preston Crown Court was so packed for the short hearing, the police officers present had to sit on the jury bench.
    Stuart Hall cut an elderly figure, allowed to sit alongside his barristers rather than being made to sit inside the dock.
    He only spoke to confirm his details, and sat impassively during proceedings, as his lawyer told the court that Stuart Hall was sorry.  "They have lived with what happened for a long period of time and it cannot have been easy for them to come forward, especially as when they did so, they did not know there were others who had also suffered abuse."
    The court heard that in the 1980s, Hall molested a nine-year-old girl by putting his hand up her clothing.
    He also kissed a 13-year-old girl on the lips after saying to her: "People need to show thanks in other ways."
    On another occasion in the 1970s he fondled the breast of a girl aged 16 or 17, the court was told.
    In an interview with ITV News, one of Hall's victims said he had "tried to force himself on me... and it was only the fact there was someone walking along the corridor and the floor creaked that he stopped and I managed to get away.
    "I will never ever forget that voice," she said.
    Political writer Linda McDougall was a television producer in Manchester in the late 1960s and 70s and worked with Hall.
    She said: "He had what used to be the old medical room, Stuart occupied this during the afternoons while we were rehearsing for Look North and he had lady friends who came and went happily on to the BBC premises and kept him occupied during the afternoon.
    "Frankly, he was a complete nuisance, he was one of those people who had his hands all over you and all over any female that came in any moment he [could]."
    Hall was initially arrested in December and made a statement labelling the claims "pernicious, callous, cruel and above all spurious".
    He has been a familiar face and voice in British broadcasting for half a century, and was awarded an OBE in the 2012 New Year Honours.
  • « Last Edit: 19:21:27, 02/05/13 by celeste »

Adsum

« Reply #14 on: 19:32:14, 02/05/13 »
    Something YOU all missed is Stuart hall pleaded guilty a month ago.

4 weeks ago he pleaded guilty but reporting restrictions were put in place , now that's a controlled media if ever there was one.

Now think about why you have never heard or seen a recent picture of Abu quattada , let alone why you have never seen him speak.

Actually it was just over 2 weeks ago that he pleaded guilty, and it wasn't missed. If you have read the articles in todays press it clearly states that there was a further rape charge to be considered. His guilty pleas could not be publicised until after the rape charge had been settled for fear of prejudicing any future trial on that charge.  After discussion with the Crown prosecution service and with the agreement of the lady who alleged rape, it was decided that the rape charge would remain on file. This then allowed the guilty pleas to be placed in the public domain.

What else is not being reported I wonder?