Author Topic: Rissoles  (Read 6566 times)

milky bar kid.

Re: Rissoles
« Reply #30 on: 19:31:27, 01/06/13 »
My brother's favourite soup was Oxtail, now I wonder if the reason I never see it is because people stopped buying it thinking they were eating an ox's tail :-\

Oxtail soup is still very popular in some bars.

milky bar kid.

« Reply #31 on: 19:33:16, 01/06/13 »
I could eat thumper as a starter then eat bambi for the main course. .... ;D ......... with a side salad of course LOL..........

Got A FREEZER full of deer meat, some geese and partridge.  Wabbit is excellent. O0

milky bar kid.

« Reply #32 on: 19:50:56, 01/06/13 »
I've heard of something in England called "Blood Pudding". I wonder if that 's just a name or a discription?

Its actually a discription CM,   usually called a Black Pudding in the north of England.   Its made by cooking blood with fillers such as Oatmeal, Suet, Bread, etc.

My old man used to love it fried in the morning with his eggs.   Could,nt stand the stuff myself.

claretwoman

« Reply #33 on: 17:53:01, 02/06/13 »
I give you here the definitive recipe which I made this week my mother still makes them at 90 years of age, it is her mother's recipe, I thought as I made them in these difficult times how you can make a little go a long way . Ideally you need leftover Sunday lamb or beef, together with home made gravy and cold mashed potatoes.  Mince your meat with an onion, them mix with potato and gravy in a bowl , sprinkling in a dry oxo cube and some sage if you like it plus salt and pepper, damp you hands a bit and form into rounds then roll in flour and fry up in beef dripping, delicious on a buttered round of bread, my husband eats them with brown sauce but he is a total philistine.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: 18:02:02, 02/06/13 »
Thanks so much for the recipe claretwoman  - I can see all the guys now with their sleeves rolled up O0
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Hideaway69

« Reply #35 on: 21:03:59, 02/06/13 »
I've heard of something in England called "Blood Pudding". I wonder if that 's just a name or a discription?

If you haven't eaten black/blood pudding, then you haven't lived  ;)
I Started Out with Nothing and I Still Got Most of It Left

Hideaway69

« Reply #36 on: 21:09:50, 02/06/13 »
Can I add my thanks too claretwoman, looks a bit more complex than I remember, but in order to satisfy my taste buds I must attempt it  O0
I Started Out with Nothing and I Still Got Most of It Left

Churchmouse

« Reply #37 on: 23:17:54, 02/06/13 »
If you haven't eaten black/blood pudding, then you haven't lived  ;)

I must have died without knowing it ;D
"No other success can compensate for failure in the home"  David O. Mckay