Author Topic: Manchester Central Grammar School for Boys  (Read 60834 times)

Rocles

Re: Manchester Central Grammar School for Boys
« Reply #165 on: 17:43:26, 01/09/19 »
As per Butch's prev post, here's a couple of artefacts from De La Perelle's Leaving Party....

Bob Bowling

« Reply #166 on: 11:49:11, 07/09/19 »
Hi Tony[/font]
It isnít so much that I have bad memories of the school, more that I just feel the education could have been so much better if the attitudes of some of the staff hadnít been so bad. It would be unfair to tar them all with the same brush as some  were excellent, but some of them were just not interested in bringing out any skills or talents we had. [/font]
I doubt I will ever get to a reunion as I live in Devon now and very rarely come back to Manchester. I do wish you well and would say donít worry about not being able to forgive them, better to try and forget them. There is no need for you to burn your hand holding on to the hot coal of anger you want to lob back at them.[/font]
Bob[/font]

[/font]

[email protected]

« Reply #167 on: 22:25:26, 22/09/19 »
Hello again chaps. We are looking at another meet of the few.
Wednesday 16 th October, 11.30 am, at Morrison's, Cheadle Heath Stockport again.
We will be in the small cafe (on the right as you enter the store).
Normally those possible later retire to the main restaurant for a little Lunch.
Please try and attend if at all possible. It would be great to meet new/old faces.
Remember we are  getting older and less every year.
Look forward to meeting, all old boys.
TONY.

MikeGee

« Reply #168 on: 06:44:07, 07/10/19 »
Just registered. I was at Central from 1956 to 1967. More to follow.

[email protected]

« Reply #169 on: 19:17:52, 08/10/19 »
Mike, welcome to the site, hope you have had some good reading from the posts others have given.
Hope to hear more from you and that if possible you could attend one of our little get  togethers.
Good reading,  God bless,
TONY.

[email protected]

« Reply #170 on: 17:57:34, 28/10/19 »
Hello again chaps, the few of us that meet up regular have arrange a get together for Wednesday 4 th December. We will be meeting at Morrison's, Cheadle Heath again 11.00 to  11.30.
We normally meet in the small cafe (on the right as you enter the store) for a coffee before moving to the main restaurant for a lunch.
Due to the time of year the store could be very busy so if you are unable to see us old men in the small cafe try the main restaurant where we may have to go first to get seats.
All you old boys, try and make the effort, you may meet old faces you have not seen for years, Remember we are all getting  old now so try and make the effort.
Do hope to see some new faces, we do  have a good time with many laughs and new faces will add to the stories.
TONY.