Author Topic: Manchester Wrestlers  (Read 3467 times)

theriotsquad

Manchester Wrestlers
« on: 21:11:00, 20/05/07 »
Was any member of your family a professional wrestler?

Were you a professional wrestler?

In the 1950s, 60s and 70s millions of people enjoyed watching professional wrestling.

Many of those wrestlers are now largely forgotten.

Wrestlingheritage.co.uk is an innovative website dedicated to all professional wrestlers active at any time in the years 1945 to 1988. It is the only wrestling website dedicated to the classic years of wrestling that contains entirely original comment. 

Wrestlingheritage.co.uk is the only British website giving professional wrestlers the respect they deserve.

Have a look at wrestlingheritage.co.uk to discover that this is a serious record of the classic years of British wrestling.

If you, or a member of your family was involved in professional wrestling during the years 1945-1988 then we would like to hear from you.

Let us give every professional wrestler a place in history.

Please contact us at [email protected]
« Last Edit: 22:49:04, 20/05/07 by theriotsquad »

migky

Re: Manchester Wrestlers
« Reply #1 on: 14:05:48, 21/05/07 »
I remeber the wrestling at belle vue in the 60/70's use to sneak in to see the big Candain indian Blly Two rivers. he use to do some sort of war dance when he got into the ring.  He had his head shaved in a mahian. Found out later he use to get it cut at ARTY'S in Brunswich street :D you can read more about big billy 2 rivers on the link below.
http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBios/tworivers.html

http://www.trashfiction.co.uk/wrestlers_tworivers.html

This site is to do with Dirty Jack Pye

http://www.stainforthonline.co.uk/2001/jackpye.htm

Migky ;)

I'm a bit like Marmite

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: 22:29:10, 13/11/07 »
Hi theriotsquad,

I remember wrestling in the Ulster Hall in Belfast. I think the majority of the bouts involved wrestlers who came over from England but it you post a message on Belfast Forum some of the members may be able to tell you if there were any well known Irish wrestlers. As far as I'm aware Belfast was better known for its boxers.

Christopher

theriotsquad

« Reply #3 on: 21:12:06, 14/03/08 »
Thanks Christopher. We've opened a new thread on the Belfast board.

Meanwhile, apart from Christopher, what about all you other Manchester fans. The Wigan World forum sends us a huge number of readers a week, but this forum sends very few. What's that about? Manchester was a great home of British wrestling. You gave us Billy Robinson, Tommy Mann, Johnny Saint, Jim Hussey and so many others. You might well be particularly interested in the story of Belle Vue, "Blood, Sweat and Speedway" in the Features section. So get over to www.wrestlingheritage.co.uk and see what all the fuss is about.