Author Topic: Corrys scrap yard  (Read 2482 times)

Luckymuppet

Corrys scrap yard
« on: 23:52:22, 03/12/13 »
Does anybody know about or remembers correys or coreys (not sure of the spelling) scrap yard in Manchester

merrylegs

Re: Corrys scrap yard
« Reply #1 on: 06:24:34, 13/12/14 »
I remember Corey's Scrapyard,  it was on the corner  Raby Street /  Criccieth Street,  late George Street,  in Moss Side.  The entrance was on Criccieth Street, I lived at No 89.  Mr. Corey always had a Jaguer Car parked outside.   On the Manchester City Council site there are photographs of the Street, now demolished.

Hideaway69

I Started Out with Nothing and I Still Got Most of It Left

lenny

« Reply #3 on: 12:41:39, 02/01/15 »
I once live in Fairfield Street Ardwick,,My local scrapyard was Bernard  Coens facing the bridge in pub just before the arches,,I lived near pin mill brew and used to go to Bank meadow school,,My name is Len wall,,My sister was barbara,,my Mum and Dad was,,Emma and vic,,Anyon know us,,Lenny,xx

Jim44

« Reply #4 on: 18:42:16, 08/01/15 »
[quote author=lenny
I once live in Fairfield Street Ardwick,,My local scrapyard was Bernard  Coens facing the bridge in pub just before the arches,,I lived near pin mill brew and used to go to Bank meadow school,,My name is Len wall,,My sister was barbara,,my Mum and Dad was,,Emma and vic,,Anyon know us,,Lenny,xx

I remember the pub Lenny. and the scrapyard next to it. Do you remember the closed police station on the other side of the road?

Fardawn

« Reply #5 on: 08:22:53, 08/10/20 »
Re Corry's used few times I used the one on the picture.  They were straight business people a lot of plumbers and such used them I'm not sure if they had bigger yard somewhere else the picture is of MossLane East there is a triangle divide on MossLane East coming towards Princess Rd I think on Barton/Westwood st. nr the Caribbean club .