Author Topic: Young men going missing in manchester is there a killer on the loose 2014*  (Read 19864 times)

Cupcake

First comment after that article is from an eye witness who saw the man fall in and tried to save him.  Says it was a complete accident and there were other witnesses to that.  I'm struggling to see what the Police could have done if that's the case.  Safety warnings, awareness campaigns and sensible barriers are all the Council's responsibility.    ???
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

Adsum

First comment after that article is from an eye witness who saw the man fall in and tried to save him.  Says it was a complete accident and there were other witnesses to that.  I'm struggling to see what the Police could have done if that's the case.  Safety warnings, awareness campaigns and sensible barriers are all the Council's responsibility.    ???

I know the area very well from my days of driving cab. It's a well known hang out for people looking for gay sex, particularly in the area around the underpass under Dale St. Anybody who lives or works in the area after dark will be aware of what goes on there. The people who congregate there are not very discreet and can be seen openly having sex in the car park area. , particularly in the evenings. It's not a new phenomenon, it's been going on for many years. The police and council are aware of what happens there. Maybe it's time to make the whole area secure, or here's a revolutionary idea, have a regular police presence there. Accident or not, there have been too many deaths  and muggings in this area.
« Last Edit: 08:23:59, 01/11/14 by Adsum »
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Cupcake

Hang on a minute - you were talking about people falling in the water.  Muggings and other assorted crimes are definitely a matter for police patrols and increased CCTV coverage as a deterrent - but there's no way GMP can station officers at every point where there might be an accident involving water, just in case.   You might as well say there should be an ambulance in every layby on roads known to be hazardous.   

Adsum

Hang on a minute - you were talking about people falling in the water.  Muggings and other assorted crimes are definitely a matter for police patrols and increased CCTV coverage as a deterrent - but there's no way GMP can station officers at every point where there might be an accident involving water, just in case.   You might as well say there should be an ambulance in every layby on roads known to be hazardous.

I can't recall saying anything about people falling in the water Cups. I merely stated that I knew the area and what it was used for, mainly after dark but not always. However according to the article I have posted below, with over a dozens deaths in the Rochdale canal since 2000. I believe it's time that the area is made more secure and inaccessible after a certain time in the evening. The city centre car parking companies make a fortune in charges. Could the companies responsible for the car parks around this stretch of the canal not get together with the council and erect a high wire mesh fence along the most dangerous stretches of the canal in this area? However I reiterate. Something should be done to make the area safer, for drunks, gays, victims of assaults or old grannies taking a short cut to Aldi on Great Ancoats St.  8)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/rochdale-canal-undercroft-closure-plan-7423483

looter

I have lived in many places in the England and manchester has to be one of the strangest for the way some absolute strange things are so matter of fact. I don't think any where else in the country allows so much as manchester . Maybe London but only in some parts are as strange as manchester.

Cupcake

I can't recall saying anything about people falling in the water Cups.

You losing your marbles, Adsum?  You posted an article about a poor bloke who fell in by accident, according to witnesses who tried to save him, and you said the Police should do more.....   ???     

Adsum

You losing your marbles, Adsum?  You posted an article about a poor bloke who fell in by accident, according to witnesses who tried to save him, and you said the Police should do more.....   ???   
[/quote]

Show me where I have posted about anybody falling into a canal, any canal. Or any stretch of water in the last 72 hours? Notice I haven't included anyone going for a paddle in Llandudno..  ;)

Cupcake

Another tragic death in this area. Surely NOW the police and council MUST do something?  :o

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/body-found-canal-dale-street-8026344

Errrrrrm, there...... ???

Adsum

Errrrrrm, there...... ???

I posted an article taken from the Manchester Evening News. Am I to be held responsible for every other article that was in that particular edition of the newspaper  Dear lady? I repeat. Nowhere did I personally mention anybody falling into any canals. ,  ::)
« Last Edit: 09:18:58, 02/11/14 by Adsum »

Corrupt council

Lol.... ;D ....
ROY.

Cupcake

I posted an article taken from the Manchester Evening News. Am I to be held responsible for every other article that was in that particular edition of the newspaper  Dear lady? I repeat. Nowhere did I personally mention anybody falling into any canals. ,  ::)

I see supplies of beer are reaching Llandudno as well as they reached Clayton then.....  ;D

Adsum

I see supplies of beer are reaching Llandudno as well as they reached Clayton then.....  ;D

:smitten:
« Last Edit: 12:58:17, 02/11/14 by Adsum »

Adsum

celeste

• Global Moderator
Canal towpaths are dangerous in the daytime so it seems a good reason to stay away from them after dark, cctv cameras aren't installed there as far as I know
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Corrupt council

Its been a quiet year for canal murders..
ROY.