Author Topic: Using Digital Wireless CCTV camera kit as Children monitor - Advice on install  (Read 1577 times)

mimi.lovell

Hi

Ive got a 3 year old and a new born. I did get a baby monitor for my first child, but it was too much hassle taking the monitor everywhere I went with the baby, epecially when you need two hands to hold the baby and then have one hand holding a bottle. So I just ended up not using it.  Ideally I needed a few baby monitors but all going to one to receiver, so I can put one in each room. I then came across Maplins and BnQ and saw a wirelsss CCTV camera but its too expensive, 2 wireless cameras with 1 monitor was like £280. I then search the net and tradexguru    .  com     and    found this one seen in this  cctv kit titled " Etronic Outdoor Digital Wireless signal 4 x CCTV camera Surveilleance System with SD card REcord DVR and 7 inch LCD screen.

For cheaper and with all 4 cameras and picked it up locally instead of getting it sent from Hong Kong. So I am trilled to bits. I brought it and it seems to working well. But it comes with a wall plug but one of the cable is a bit to short to where I want to put it. I spoken to the shop and they suggested buying a normal wall extention cable. But I dont like them, becausae they are big and I want the cable to be as thin as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Also the SD card takes 32GB. I dont use all of it, as I normally have it on montion dection to record when we are out. But Im thinking of taking it on holiday with me when we go to Spain this summer, and was wondering if anyone have got something like this and have added extra memory device to record for longer? If  so please let me know how.

P.s Please do not send me installers contact details as I want to keep cost as minimum as possible and do it myself if I can.

Thanks

mimi.lovell

HEre is the link to the kit

andersonsophie_89

Very interesting. I didnt think of that.

Ive just checked that website and can see they have the better verson where you can view on the internet. For £80 more I would rather go the bigger wireless camera.