Author Topic: Setting up a small business website  (Read 1110 times)

SamR

Setting up a small business website
« on: 15:21:23, 20/02/14 »
I'm starting a local cleaning business and I need to set up a website. I'm not great with computers/technology so would appreciate some advice on the best software to use to set up the site. I've done a bit of research online and the most user-friendly so far seems to be http://website.1and1.co.uk/website-builder as it appears to be easy to use. It would be great to know if anybody has used their software before? Or any tips for setting up a website? I'd like to make the process as simple as possible but still create a professional looking website.

Cupcake

Re: Setting up a small business website
« Reply #1 on: 16:54:31, 20/02/14 »
Just watch out and read the small print.  A friend of mine set up his website and paid a fee, and after a couple of years, he fancied a change and asked for the server codes to put up new pages.  Only to be refused access, because he didn't own the domain name.  He'd paid a fee to use the site URL, but had no rights to it at all.  His choice was to pay a further fee to update and keep a site that his customers use regularly OR to start over. 
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.