Author Topic: Black pug dog stolen from Asda at the Trafford Centre car park  (Read 7339 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Notice up at the zebra crossing outside Asda  -  it's possible someone had wound the car window down to give the dog some air and someone had forced it down further to get the dog - this was probably at the weekend or last week

I hope this is a one-off :(
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Cupcake

No, it's not. Pets are getting stolen and even kidnapped for rewards all over the place.  Pugs go for a thousand pounds each from breeders, so you'd have no trouble getting a few hundred for that one.  I wouldn't even leave my dog outside a shop. 
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

Corrupt council

Utterly ludicrous. Bring back licence for pets . registration would stop this nonsense in an instant.
ROY.

Manchester Man

Utterly ludicrous. Bring back licence for pets . registration would stop this nonsense in an instant.

Can't quite see how that would work.

Cars are Registered and you need a licence to use them. Plenty of them get stolen though  ;D

ATB
Ray.
Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Corrupt council

As the pet industry is nothing more than the wild west to me as its the most unregulated area of British life.
I'm not really a big animal lover when it comes to domestic animals. I much prefers them in the wild where they belong.
So here's my take on getting the domestic animal regulations right.
1 licence the breeders
2 make them have insurance
3 all animals must be chipped and registered
4 you can only breed if you have the space for that breed to do so.
5 registered to the tax man

6 the buyer must be licensed to what size animal they can own. Example you live in a flat and are disabled your not getting a big rottweiler or a greyhound.
7 buyer must have insurance
8 buyer must go in a course to look after the pet.
9 license must be reviewed every year.

Well that's my start I could add more I'm sure.
One thing it will do it will make people more responsible for there actions with animals
ROY.

Manchester Man

I still can't understand how any of that would stop a dog from being stolen.

It may well make people more responsible for their pets (of whatever type) but I don't see it making them more secure.

ATB
Ray.

Corrupt council

Well if you have a stolen dog you would need a property that suited that animal.
 You would also have a animal that is chipped. It would be impossible to breed and sell on the pups.
If you take the animal out and a local copper sees you , you run the chance of being collered (pardon the pun).
Its not impossible to nick a car in this day and age but its impossible to ride about it.
It will never be 100 percent but I would suggest it would cut it down by a huge margain.

ROY.

Corrupt council

Or the alternative is we do nothing at all and we keep the status quo!!!
ROY.

Manchester Man

There's been one report of a dog being stolen. O.K. I accept that there may be more.

With all your proposal Corrupt, I can't see a big reduction in stolen dogs  ;D
If you wanted the proposed legislation for better control of people who owned dogs then I can see your reasons. I dare say it would be as effective as the legislation on wearing seatbelts and using mobiles whilst driving. You see those on a daily basis.

I have a dog and would comply with any legislation attached to owning that dog. Problem is I'm law abiding and criminals are not, so would not comply.

ATB
Ray.

Cupcake

Microchips are the size of a grain of rice and in the back of the dog's neck.  Two minutes with a steak knife and you are free to do as you please with the dog.

Greyhounds are tattooed in the ear to ID them, so bad breeders slice off their ears when they dump them.

All you do with licences, registrations and any kind of identification marks is cause inconvenience and expense to decent owners and cruelty to dogs. 

celeste

• Global Moderator
Maybe there is something which works better for other countries which we can try
« Last Edit: 17:44:30, 28/02/14 by celeste »

Cupcake

I've never heard of anything.   :-\   It's a rotten trick, stealing someone's pet.  I'd be in bits, not knowing what was happening to my dog. 

celeste

• Global Moderator
The thieves are rotten to the core, they don't care about the owners or the poor animals - I think it boils down to greed

Cupcake

Well, yes, if people place fashion value on a dog and will pay £1000 for one, then that creates a very obvious opportunity.   :-\

celeste

• Global Moderator
I can imagine someone stealing a chihuahua  because a child wanted one badly, but can't imagine a child wanting a pug but I may be wrong

I think it's all about money also