Author Topic: Crumpsall Open Air School  (Read 20825 times)

migky

Re: Crumpsall Open Air School
« Reply #15 on: 18:15:58, 11/01/15 »
Hi L.A. Gal, don't know about been a phenomenon, i would say more like Marmite, you either love me or hate me. Either way i'v been around  for a long time ;D

Migky  ;)
I'm a bit like Marmite

LAgal

« Reply #16 on: 06:03:12, 12/01/15 »
Migky, Not  Marmite!!!!!!   Even looking at the word makes me cringe. ???

Ann brindley

« Reply #17 on: 04:50:32, 06/05/15 »
I went to crumpsall open air school 1959 to 1969 friends were Paul Calvert George Dooley Linda child's Irene mortermer   And lots of others we all spent a week at Tintwisle camping with mrs Bowcock and me Reynolds fantastic school  I was called Ann Maguire then great school mates and teachers dinner lady mrs goff headmistress miss lord deputy head me price  teachers miss Bowcock me Reynolds  miss Sheehan and mr price plus our own school nurse wish someone would get back to me if they see this thanks

Parky

« Reply #18 on: 15:16:01, 14/06/16 »
Have sent you a pm ann

Hel m

« Reply #19 on: 19:55:52, 17/10/16 »
I remember this school so well maybe not all teachers tho. Mrs brower mr price mrs silcove and mrs goff this was between 1975-78 the massive field and classrooms that were on a verander and a large hall at back of school . I think it was ok as far as I can remember some pupils I remember too Ian Locke Thomas Richardson Ruth murfin carl & Neil rawlinson that's it really anyone else remember these pupils ?

Parky

« Reply #20 on: 13:30:51, 18/10/16 »
I went there between 67 to 70 ,a fantastic school,mr price (a lovely man ) who became headmaster after miss lord retired after surviving a terrible car crash, mrs crossley who I had for two years, mrs Kaye,miss shearn, mrs bocock,mr Neil, the brilliant mr Reynolds, mr Kramer, miss stone,kind people everyone, appoligies if I've missed anyone out ,my best friends were Jimmy smith ( whom I heard on another thread on this forum sadly passed away eleven years ago) Ross Dillon from Middleton,Brendon judge who I hear has done a lot of television behind the scenes, great days

lockey

« Reply #21 on: 19:40:22, 05/08/17 »
I went to open air school with very poorly Lungs I remember loads but health  deteriorated 6-7 YEARS ago and underwent a double lung transplant !   im like superman now I can breath again ! x P.s  IAN LOCKE !   

Chezzy

« Reply #22 on: 22:11:13, 22/08/17 »
I have only just found this site, I lived in Hulme and went to this school from about 1958. I remember really enjoying my time there.  I don't t remember any class mates as I was 5/6. Nobody I speak to have heard of it. Any info would be welcome to fill in the blanks.

Thanks

mikegahan00

« Reply #23 on: 16:10:46, 01/09/17 »
I think my Grandma (Monica Gahan) used to teach there, probably still there in the 50s.

johnboy

« Reply #24 on: 13:35:32, 03/05/19 »
Thank you  migky for these photos.
My friend will love them as she has fond memories of her time at this school.
My mum was friendly with the head mistress but I can't remember her name.
I presume the building has now been converted into flats!...looks like it on the later picture!
the head mistress was miss Neil

johnboy

« Reply #25 on: 13:47:12, 03/05/19 »
the head mistress was miss Neil
  I went to crumpsall open air school from 1946 to 1952 good times.

lozflan

« Reply #26 on: 16:58:12, 03/05/19 »
Sadly a young girl died recently from lung disease,caused they say by living close to a busy London road.      My sister was shipped out to the coast,for health reasons,back in the days of smog.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Rod Hardisty

« Reply #27 on: 12:06:16, 04/04/20 »
Reading these messages takes me back. I went to Crumpsall Open Air School in the late 50s, Miss Lord was the head at the time. Nothing personal but I hated every minute there. We didn't take an 11 plus and we were at least a year behind other schools.
I was so glad to leave, it took me two years to catch up with the rest of my age group.

Minniedog

« Reply #28 on: 15:16:33, 15/06/20 »
Les I also attended Crumpsall Open Air School when living in Langley Middleton  . I left school from there when sadly Miss Lord passed away in a car crash and Mr Price was acting head master . I also took part in the school football team when a pupil called Kenny was team captain . I spent a nice time there however short .especially when on open day at school my family met Miss Lord . “Happy times”

Parky

« Reply #29 on: 16:15:02, 15/06/20 »
Hi minniedog,I’ve sent you a private message