Author Topic: Shirley Baker Returns  (Read 2977 times)

Hideaway69

Shirley Baker Returns
« on: 20:33:29, 18/05/17 »
Shirley Baker's iconic photographs of 1960s & beyond, Manchester's inner city.

http://manchesterartgallery.org/exhibitions-and-events/exhibition/shirley-baker/
I Started Out with Nothing and I Still Got Most of It Left

Parky

Re: Shirley Baker Returns
« Reply #1 on: 20:06:42, 21/05/17 »
Superb images ,it shows how times change and not only the areas ,can you imagine someone walking around taking pictures of young children nowadays I think the police would be round pretty sharpish, innocence and slums gone.

Brad

Re: Shirley Baker Returns
« Reply #2 on: 21:07:46, 03/06/17 »
Went to the exhibition today. Lots of people there, some great photographs, mainly black and white, of Manchester and Salford in the 60's. Worth a visit for anyone who grew up during this period or interested in how Manchester was.

bennietarve

Shirley Baker Returns
« Reply #3 on: 22:34:31, 22/04/19 »
As we have been focusing on Street Photography with the finale being the Terry Mooney Set Subject competition - Street Photography, I thought this may be of interest to members. I took the bus to the Manchester Art Gallery the bus now stops almost out on Monday. Images by Shirley Baker were being exhibited, of life in the 1960s & 70s. The time period being around the time lots of demolition took place in Manchester and Salford to make way for new housing & apartments. After seeing the images you can really compare life then with today. The exhibition is well worth seeing.
*Link Removed*