Author Topic: Daimler House & Manchester Garages  (Read 6333 times)

Russell Brown

Re: Daimler House & Manchester Garages
« Reply #15 on: 00:34:15, 22/01/22 »
Hi Rob hows life in WA .Your fella seems to be doing in reasonable job. Dont agree with seperating the haves from the have nots. Our guy stands there grinning telling us all is well when the medical system is broken, ambos stretched beyond its limits    between the polies and the media they seem to be creating mass hysteria .Do you have contact with any body in the UK.I would be interested to know how life is over there. We were doing ok  life almost normal until  xmas then open the boarders and disaster struck.I llok forwrord to hearing from soon Russell

rob

« Reply #16 on: 01:40:57, 22/01/22 »
Hi Russell, good to hear from you and that you are well. Life here in the west has been as good as it can be really, hardly any restrictions and lock downs since the first 3 month one. Mcgowan does have the backing of most people, even after the not reopening on Feb 5th. Still no one in hospital with the virus. Only in quarantine, got a few omicron, in community which they are trying to find. Mask wearing in shops etc is now on. Not sure about what have and have nots?
 Mcgowan did say when saying Feb 5th to open it would give us time to watch what happens over east. Well after watching the disastrous NSW situation and Victoria, totally lost control of the situation and just panic rule changes on a daily basis. So I am relieved that he has now stopped the borders reopening fully.
 I quite like your premier, and he was doing really well, maybe got caught up by Slomo not scomo as I call him. Worst PM ever in my opinion. I am double vaxed, get booster on Feb 6th booked in. 2 of my friends in uk caught virus after xmas catch up with family at hotel, and said like a very bad cold sore throat and cough tired etc. Now testing negative. My brother and wife just been to Tenerefe ? he is 81, live in Cheadle, so still going away. Sister rings regularly, goes out wears mask everywhere, go to their local club. All are triple vaxed. I think that is what we are not opening for, once triple vaxed here, as omicron protection is very low with double vax. Our hospital system would not cope with a big outbreak. Yes Pollies and media are shocking with BS. I am on another forum also, facebook one,  "Just Chorlton - on - Medlock" Good for all local stuff and will have Manchester Garages people on it. Stay safe, keep in touch cheers Rob

Russell Brown

« Reply #17 on: 05:45:10, 28/01/22 »
HI Rob hows life in WA .It all seams a little chaotic in these covid  times .Life was almost normal until we opened the borders now its all changed for the worse .I will contact you again asap.its a shame not many people have joined this web sight .It would be interesting to see who is where as some of us are spread across the globe Russell

Russell Brown

« Reply #18 on: 02:37:53, 26/02/23 »
Hi Rob how you going in WA. on fire or wet? Whats the link address for just chorlton on Medlock.I see not many people are on this particular sight Thats a bit disapionting  considering how many people worked there.I trust you are all keeping well

Thanks Russell

PS just remembered just 2or 3 times a year your Dad would come running over to where I worked .He would collor me NOrman and Peter .We had to go out on to the bottom of Hathersage Rd and open up cars and help the Police push then  out of the way
as Pickfords or Wynns were bringing an oversized load and needed to turn up Hathersage Rd.Then we had to put the cars back and lock them up again..People would look a bit surprised to find thier cars had mysteriosly shuffled themselves around.

rob

« Reply #19 on: 14:34:23, 16/12/23 »
Hi Russell are you still out there. All ok here in WA. I am on Just Chorlton on Medlock site it is on via Facebook. Also Ten Pound Poms is another good site. Also a Longsight one as well. Hope you are keeping well. Rob :)