Author Topic: Football  (Read 47191 times)

ExileSteve

Re: Football
« Reply #30 on: 22:04:14, 20/08/18 »
It's almost twenty years since I reached the lowest point of my 'career' as a City supporter. On a cold Saturday in December 1998 I drove all the way from West Cornwall to York, where City were due to play at Bootham Crescent (I had managed to obtain a ticket after an awful lot of wrangling and messing about). The round trip was more than 700 miles and I was rewarded with what was quite possibly the worst performance in the entire history of the club since it was founded in 1888. York City were 2-1 winners, but if they had stuck five or six past us we really couldn't have complained. It left us in 11th position in what is now League One and the promotion chasing pack ahead of us were opening up a clear gap. I can hardly put into words just how miserable the endless drive home actually was. I was convinced that if a manager as accomplished, knowledgable and experienced as Joe Royle couldn't turn the ship around then the club I have supported all my life was almost certainly doomed.

Fast forward to the present, and what a contrast! And it's all being made even better as a result of United's little difficulties. God, I hope they don't sack Mourinho. Give the old has-been the job for life, that's what I say!!

;D

Parky

« Reply #31 on: 22:12:47, 20/08/18 »
It looks like he’s lost the dressing room steve , and if that’s the case shame on them cheating the fans

ExileSteve

« Reply #32 on: 00:15:47, 21/08/18 »
The same fate befell Roberto Mancini, of course. Here was a manager who not only delivered on every promise he made when he was appointed by the club, but delivered on each one of them twelve months ahead of the timetable he had set out. Some of the senior players didn't like his training regime, apparently.

ExileSteve

« Reply #33 on: 00:24:29, 28/08/18 »
Another day, another disaster for our 'Noisy Neighbours' from Stretford, who seem to be all wind and no trousers these days.

Of course, it's always a scream to watch the Rags getting thumped again but if they carry on like this Mourinho will be gone before the end of October, and that wouldn't be terribly good for anybody, quite frankly. No doubt Woodward will be to blame for not buying another two centre-halfs to go with the three dozen he's already got.

Ah well, must enjoy the spectacle while it lasts............... ;D ;D ;D

Parky

« Reply #34 on: 07:11:36, 28/08/18 »
Another day, another disaster for our 'Noisy Neighbours' from Stretford, who seem to be all wind and no trousers these days.

Of course, it's always a scream to watch the Rags getting thumped again but if they carry on like this Mourinho will be gone before the end of October, and that wouldn't be terribly good for anybody, quite frankly. No doubt Woodward will be to blame for not buying another two centre-halfs to go with the three dozen he's already got.

Ah well, must enjoy the spectacle while it lasts............... ;D ;D ;D
as soon as you see mr bean aka Phil jones in the defence you know the day is going to get worse

Parky

« Reply #35 on: 07:32:20, 28/08/18 »
More importantly FC United are already facing a relegation battle ,  >:(

ExileSteve

« Reply #36 on: 09:44:31, 28/08/18 »
At least Penzance can't face that, because they're restructuring and redesigning the local leagues round here next season. One win and one draw to start off with, so not too bad so far!

St Chads Lad

« Reply #37 on: 15:30:55, 28/08/18 »
Has anyone clocked the new pink United away shirt? it's hideous, it is supposed to be in honour of the Football Pink newspaper, one wag has said that "they should have wore it to the Pride parade they may have got a result" :D

Parky

« Reply #38 on: 16:23:51, 28/08/18 »
Has anyone clocked the new pink United away shirt? it's hideous, it is supposed to be in honour of the Football Pink newspaper, one wag has said that "they should have wore it to the Pride parade they may have got a result" :D
absolutly embarrassing ,who picked that Stevie Wonder ?, can’t utd get anything right?

ExileSteve

« Reply #39 on: 12:47:53, 30/08/18 »
One shouldn't intrude on private grief, of course, but events at Old Trafford just keep getting funnier and funnier. Anyone remember the 'Television Interference Gray' kit of the 90s?

The only fly in the ointment is that I'm becoming seriously worried that Jose might be gone in a matter of days rather than weeks or months. What will we all do for comic entertainment if that should happen?

:)

lozflan

« Reply #40 on: 07:38:42, 16/09/18 »
M.U. in the tables today,8 goals for 8 against ,why are the strikers so great?
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

ExileSteve

« Reply #41 on: 21:44:03, 16/09/18 »
Because they play for ManYoo and the press groupies can't come to terms with the fact that their era of greatness and dominance has come to an end, just as everything else comes to an end eventually.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #42 on: 19:22:22, 10/03/19 »
Three incidents of fans confronting players over the weekend, is this another moronic trend that is developing in Britain?

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: 19:32:05, 10/03/19 »
Ban them as an example before the behaviour escalates
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

« Reply #44 on: 19:37:04, 10/03/19 »
Police also nicked a steward for kneeing Grealish in the goal celebrations