Author Topic: Football  (Read 47208 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Football
« Reply #165 on: 19:12:35, 19/06/21 »
After the England-Scotland match there was a newspaper article that suggested Gareth Southgate was playing for a draw -

Are teams adopting a tactical approach now in order to choose who they play in the next round - I shall be counting the own goals
forthwith ;)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

« Reply #166 on: 18:36:33, 20/06/21 »
Question , watching the euros I see people are drinking alcohol in the stadium ,I’m sure they don’t allow it for champions league or is that just in the U.K.?

ExileSteve

« Reply #167 on: 16:59:47, 21/06/21 »
Don't worry about it. Have you seen the videos and photographs coming out of Royal Ascot? Yet again, the Elite make it blindingly obvious that they are not remotely frightened of Covid bloody nineteen, just days after the G7 w anchors did precisely the same thing in St Ives. I really can't imagine why, can you? I mean, it's almost as if the so-called "pandemic" was a pile of old horse sh//t, isn't it?

Parky

« Reply #168 on: 20:20:34, 29/06/21 »
With Germany being knocked out of the euros the manager has  been replaced by herr Flick ,i kid you not

St Chads Lad

« Reply #169 on: 20:34:33, 29/06/21 »
They should have had Herr Flick on the field, that is the worst German International team I've seen, they were rubbish.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: 07:28:16, 30/06/21 »

lozflan

« Reply #171 on: 09:03:51, 30/06/21 »
City player against City players should be interesting.
Teachers let pupils go home early so THEY ? could watch the match.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: 23:08:47, 06/07/21 »
Italy v Spain LIVE Euro 2020 score, commentary & updates - Live - BBC Sport

They had to dig deep, players cramping up towards the end, even some players they had brought on went down but they pulled through. When Spain equalised I wondered if Italy could get themselves back off the floor again but you have to just look at that grit, determination and the mentality of the players going into the shootout.
Giorgio Chiellini joking with Jordi Alba at the coin toss and Gianluigi Donnarumma smiling in the huddle before the shootout, he's only 22 and that's the biggest moment of his career and he was smiling. That probably made Spain feel awkward. And then to miss the first penalty but still come through and win.

Italy star of the match Federico Chiesa: "I cannot describe my emotion by words, it was a tough match, Spain were great tonight but we come back here on 11 July for the final. We will see, we will see.
"Spain were great, they have star players but we fought until the end and we did it.
"When Locatelli missed the first penalty, everyone was calm saying we can do it and at the end our group helped us in the moment."
« Last Edit: 23:13:12, 06/07/21 by celeste »

Parky

« Reply #173 on: 08:10:27, 08/07/21 »
Great result for England ,but i wonder how all those celebrities got their tickets

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: 08:29:45, 08/07/21 »
Home - BBC Sport

Southgate's big guns fire England to final. As Southgate will have demanded of them, England's big players made their impact when it mattered most on a night when failure would have been hard to bear.

Kane, who struggled to get into Euro 2020 during the group stage, rode his luck to score his fourth and most important goal of the tournament after his missed penalty, but his performance was full of energy and menace.

He is back to his best and how England will need that against the two great Italian central-defensive warriors Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci, who have a quality and street-wisdom reflected in their combined total of 70 years.
« Last Edit: 08:40:43, 08/07/21 by celeste »

lozflan

« Reply #175 on: 08:16:26, 09/07/21 »
All Kane,when Sterling did all the work and not a mention on the Media. Shocking.
Plus the look of shock and confusion when Ukraine didn't kneel,he must have felt a fool.

sofcookies

« Reply #176 on: 18:20:11, 10/07/21 »
Looks like Foden is out for the final as well.  Shame as his direct and fast play would be perfect against Italy. 

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: 08:26:36, 12/07/21 »
Home - BBC News

England's bid to end their 55-year wait for a major trophy ended in the familiar agony of defeat in a penalty shootout as Italy claimed the Euro 2020 crown at Wembley.

On a night of anticipation, tension and ultimate heartbreak in a feverish atmosphere, England looked on course for their most joyous day since 30 July 1966 when Luke Shaw gave them the perfect start after two minutes.Italy, unbeaten in 33 matches before this final, slowly edged their way back into the game and were level in the 67th minute when Leonardo Bonucci pounced after England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford turned Marco Verratti's header on to a post.

And after a tense period of extra time failed to find a winner, it was on to penalties and bitter disappointment for England manager Gareth Southgate and his players, who had gone into this final on a wave of expectation and high emotion.

England missed three of their five penalties, Marcus Rashford hitting a post and Gianluigi Donnarumma denying Jadon Sancho before - so cruelly for such a fine young player - Arsenal teenager Bukayo Saka also saw the giant Italy goalkeeper save his spot-kick.

Harry Kane and Harry Maguire scored for England but, while Pickford kept hopes alive with saves from Andrea Belotti and Jorginho, Domenico Berardi, Bonucci and Federico Bernardeschi scored for Italy.

The tearful 19-year-old Saka, who showed such courage to step forward, was consoled by his team-mates and manager, but there was no real consolation for them or the expectant fans packed into Wembley.

« Last Edit: 08:32:37, 12/07/21 by celeste »

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #178 on: 08:37:35, 12/07/21 »
Question , watching the euros I see people are drinking alcohol in the stadium ,I’m sure they don’t allow it for champions league or is that just in the U.K.?

It contributed to a lot of the aggression outside the ground as fans forced their way through the barriers - without tickets - to see the match,  bottles were thrown and there were fans kicked to the ground.

lozflan

« Reply #179 on: 08:39:30, 12/07/21 »
Italy won the battle of fouls 16 to 13.
Italy won the yellow card challenge 5 to 1.
Did they beat the England team? NO.