Author Topic: Football  (Read 47265 times)

ExileSteve

Re: Football
« Reply #195 on: 17:06:18, 08/09/21 »
Steve , last night fc Utd were two one down with two minutes to go against Bootle in a fa cup qualifying round replay , we grabbed a equaliser in the 90th minute then got the winner in injury time , that was proper football

It certainly is! I’m looking forward to Penzance v St Dennis on Saturday, South West Peninsula League (Western Division). And if that doesn’t go ahead for some reason it will be Tregony v Falmouth United in Division Two of the Trelawney League instead. It’s a 2-30 kick-off at Tregony, by the way, in case you were planning to travel.

ExileSteve

« Reply #196 on: 17:26:21, 11/09/21 »
Penzance 6 St Dennis 1.

Now that’s what you call a home win! Haven’t enjoyed myself so much for ages!

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Parky

« Reply #197 on: 17:48:00, 11/09/21 »
Good win that Steve , we got tanked 3-1 at home ,I’m not happy.

Parky

« Reply #199 on: 20:26:52, 27/09/21 »

St Chads Lad

« Reply #200 on: 10:42:25, 11/11/21 »
Steven Gerrard, a dirty low treacherous [censored].

lozflan

« Reply #201 on: 16:35:06, 21/11/21 »
Nice afternoon watch,England Ladies Rugby 89 USA 0.

City won too.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

sofcookies

« Reply #202 on: 20:28:01, 21/11/21 »
Yep,  Come on the blues,,, 

Next manager for United.   Maybe Steve Bruce will be returning quicker than expected....    ;D ;D ;D

ExileSteve

« Reply #203 on: 22:37:38, 21/11/21 »
Fireman Sam. He’s the only sensible choice for the Rags. Surely?

Parky

« Reply #204 on: 08:13:50, 22/11/21 »
I believe a large swarthy man with a black beard and speaks in a Bolton / Italian accent has been seen around old Trafford hoping for the job he says he’s Italian and calls himself Sammio Alardicco ;)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #205 on: 09:54:27, 22/11/21 »
Fireman Sam. He’s the only sensible choice for the Rags. Surely?

Do you mean Sam Allardyce,  Steve?

Neither he nor Zidane would stand for any dressing room nonsense

Reports were that the players were lacking in determination - on the salaries they get that's inexcusable if true
« Last Edit: 09:58:18, 22/11/21 by celeste »
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ExileSteve

« Reply #206 on: 16:15:19, 22/11/21 »
Yes, I did mean Mr Allardyce. The idea might not be entirely absurd because he would, as you point out, sort out the wheat from the chaff and send the bone idle ones packing very quickly. United have got to get it right with their next managerial appointment, for it is already eight years since they were last crowned as English Champions, and they look as far away from it now as they ever did in the 70s and 80s. Quite frankly, it has reached the point where City’s 2-0 victory at Old Trafford this season was somewhat hollow and disappointing; so much control and possession should have yielded more than two goals, and especially so when we remember that the Skip Rats managed to nudge five past them at the same venue only a fortnight earlier.

And, if the United board just happen to be reading this, I would like to remind them that Stuart Pearce is ready and available right now. I said, Stuart Pearce is available….😊

Parky

« Reply #207 on: 16:28:45, 22/11/21 »
The trouble with United at the moment is they are a shambles from top to bottom just like city were not so long ago , when the oil men came in at city they made sure that they got the right men for the job ,no more peter Swales / franny lee from me to you farces ,no more coppells , ball , Brian who, Frank grays, no more building a ground with four different stands , no more buying crap players , Utd have a board of non football men a recently ex manager and his back room staff with little nous of the football played today, buying players and leaving them on the bench , in my humble opinion the Man Utd should be going after is Haag from Ajax if possible , Zidane’s wife apparently doesn’t want to move to Manchester ( and who can blame her), and Brendan Rodgers has won sweet FA and shouldn’t  be in the running because of the bin dipper association .

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #208 on: 16:51:15, 22/11/21 »
Yes, I did mean Mr Allardyce.

And, if the United board just happen to be reading this, I would like to remind them that Stuart Pearce is ready and available right now. I said, Stuart Pearce is available….😊

I'd prefer Big Sam,   'psycho' ?  Not sure

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #209 on: 16:58:11, 22/11/21 »
The trouble with United at the moment is they are a shambles from top to bottom just like city were not so long ago , when the oil men came in at city they made sure that they got the right men for the job ,no more peter Swales / franny lee from me to you farces ,no more coppells , ball , Brian who, Frank grays, no more building a ground with four different stands , no more buying crap players , Utd have a board of non football men a recently ex manager and his back room staff with little nous of the football played today, buying players and leaving them on the bench , in my humble opinion the Man Utd should be going after is Haag from Ajax if possible , Zidane’s wife apparently doesn’t want to move to Manchester ( and who can blame her), and Brendan Rodgers has won sweet FA and shouldn’t  be in the running because of the bin dipper association .

Clubs looking for a new manager seem to prefer foreign ones,  why do you think that is?