Author Topic: Buying a used PC.  (Read 3802 times)

lozflan

Buying a used PC.
« on: 19:58:42, 30/04/18 »
This is just a warning. My G/son {a student} purchased a used Apple PC  which failed within the 6mnths warranty. The well known high st used goods shop [yellow paintwork} spotted 4 of the minute screws holding the case together were missing. Mine are very recessed,hard to see. They refuse to honour the warranty. This is ongoing,as £500 is a lot to loose.
So be sure to take a magnifying glass with you,if you should be tempted in.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Jim44

Re: Buying a used PC.
« Reply #1 on: 19:55:30, 03/05/18 »
That's disgusting these people are no better than thieves.

My grandson got a good laptop from www.bargainlaptopsonline.co.uk

lozflan

« Reply #2 on: 19:21:48, 29/05/18 »
Good news ,the retailer will try to repair it.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Twoun1990

« Reply #3 on: 14:52:20, 20/02/19 »
When searching, you should not focus on low-cost offers, which, with rare exception when the seller urgently needs money, are fraudsters scams. Focus on the cost of similar offers, as well as compare it with the price of a new Mac.

Robertcof

Buying a used PC
« Reply #4 on: 14:30:22, 07/02/20 »
I have been looking at the electric cars and the B-Class has definitely intrigued me.  I wanted to see if there are any downsides in buying a used 2014 B-Class. I understand that i will be losing the Tax credit but i have one that can i get for around 22k Pre tax and seems to be a good deal and it has less than 6k miles on it. This will be first Benz so not sure about the warranty but i would think it would transfer to me. Anything else i should be looking out for this car and if it is advisable or just get a new one instead.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.