Author Topic: 261 Piccadilly Radio.  (Read 8625 times)

Syntax Error

Re: 261 Piccadilly Radio.
« Reply #15 on: 13:14:24, 05/04/21 »
I remember this station very well.
I used to enjoy Mike Shaft's show.

I remember lots of people having 261 stickers in their house & car windows back in the day.

I can even say up until about 2 years ago, a neighbour opposite my parents home in Old Trafford still had one of those stickers in one of their upstairs windows. :o
Always made me chuckle.

honeysucklerose

« Reply #16 on: 11:22:48, 05/10/21 »
I remember Piccadilly Radio very well.  Or, as Phil Wood called it, Piccadilly Wireless.   I loved Phil Wood - "a rata, a rooney, a lino"!  And he was in love with Farrah Fawcett Majors.   Loved him!

ExileSteve

« Reply #17 on: 21:54:14, 08/12/21 »
Farah Fawcett Majors!

Now THERE’S a name I haven’t heard for quite a while.

She was lush and, like most adolescent boys of my time, I had a huge crush on her!

Michelle Ginger

« Reply #18 on: 16:20:05, 14/02/22 »
Loved Piccadilly Radio. Mike Sweeney and Becky Want were two of their DJs and they are on BBC Radio Manchester these days. Just hearing them transports me back to the 1980s.

Who remembers Dave and the Diamond Studded Duvet and all the nights they promoted at The Willows in Salford? There was Tim Grundy, James Stannage (who is on BBC local radio too?).

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: 17:21:55, 14/02/22 »
Used to listen to James Stannage in the 90s, a phone-in show,  I don't know which radio frequency he is on now.  Remember him getting married to Heather and having a stepdaughter.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ExileSteve

« Reply #20 on: 17:45:10, 20/02/22 »
Loved Piccadilly Radio. Mike Sweeney and Becky Want were two of their DJs and they are on BBC Radio Manchester these days. Just hearing them transports me back to the 1980s.

Who remembers Dave and the Diamond Studded Duvet and all the nights they promoted at The Willows in Salford? There was Tim Grundy, James Stannage (who is on BBC local radio too?).

Not quite Piccadilly, but James H Reeve and his Nocturnal Emissions takes me back there! That was a truly great radio show, IMHO.

Jules Thomas

« Reply #21 on: 02:00:24, 24/12/22 »
I remember Roger Day, Phil Wood,Ray Teret,Mike Shaft, Suzie Mathis,Dave Ward,Sweeny