Author Topic: John Wallwork Volvo Ltd  (Read 2637 times)

Matt Varnish

John Wallwork Volvo Ltd
« on: 14:09:53, 19/10/18 »
Hi
Does anyone remember any of the mechanic's names that worked at John Wallwork Volvo Ltd in the late 1960s?

newford9b

Re: John Wallwork Volvo Ltd
« Reply #1 on: 21:09:45, 20/11/18 »
Re the post about the mechanics names from County Garages/ John Wallworks from the 60's. Wilf Dewhurst, Peter Bibby, Clifford Eyres  Frank Shawcross, Frank Grimes, Harold Pedley Tony Siddall , also those whose surnames elude me, Eric ?? Paul ?? Dave ??

Alant139

« Reply #2 on: 15:34:03, 25/10/20 »
Hi just reading the things about John Wallworks .I used to work there as an apprentice mechanic i started the stores with mr Cooper and a man called reg it was in two parts  ( the stores ) when I was there one side Volvo the other just general  motors .I remember Frank grimes .Chris ( sometimes came on his bsa motorbike) old bert who used to change the oil in  the cars  and Frank Walsh was general  Manager .Good Times.

newford9b

« Reply #3 on: 13:39:42, 26/10/20 »
Alant139, you must have worked there in the mid 60's. My dad worked in Vulcan works until he retired in the 80's . His name was Ted Randall  I remember most of the people who worked there in the 60's from '63 until I left in '67. Frank Walsh general manager, Bob Woods , head receptionist, Ted Cooper stores manager, Don Sinclair service assistant manager ( and right ba**ard). the Reg you mentioned was Reg Walsh, (Franks brother), he left in '64 and bought the Red Lion pub in Tyn-Y Gros in North Wales. I was Regs apprentice then worked with firstly Alan Gifford the Vic Laporte before I left and went to Rootes Knott Mill.

newford9b

« Reply #4 on: 14:58:14, 27/10/20 »
Alant139, can you give me your e-mail address please