Author Topic: Microsoft Scam  (Read 2563 times)

lozflan

Microsoft Scam
« on: 09:59:57, 25/11/18 »

Sure I have heard of this before,but not in this form.
Screen is replaced with a page saying,Microsoft Firewall is down,all files will be lost,follow instruction. The latter on a sperate note.
Three times this week,someone has found a way in. I just click off.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

lozflan

Re: Microsoft Scam
« Reply #1 on: 15:06:54, 14/01/19 »
Add to the above,I had mail that the TV licence was due.
Odd I thought as mine is for 3 yrs.[re-checked]
Then I saw in a paper that an MP had been caught with this scam.

lozflan

« Reply #2 on: 11:22:08, 29/01/19 »
Here's another.   Landline call from BT," about to lose connection [permanently?] Do the following."  In one of those dodgy computerised voices.  HA ha ha.
You may not get one ,but my landline is on a scammers list. Always something new.
On the bright side,jumping up to answer,could be keeping me fit.

ExileSteve

« Reply #3 on: 21:47:58, 29/01/19 »
They wouldn't get very far with us, for we never answer any call from a number we don't recognise. Having said that, my grandfather had a marvellous way of dealing with a particularly persistent nuisance caller some years ago. This bloke really just wouldn't give it a rest and so, after the one-call-too-many-that-broke-the-camels-back, Grandad went to a drawer in the spare bedroom and retrieved his wartime emergency whistle. This was a magnificent device issued to all air crew and it was intended for use in the event of having to jettison over the sea or bring the aircraft down onto the water, for the purpose (naturally) of trying to summon assistance and alert rescuers of your position. It was manufactured to be loud on a mind-blowing scale and, believe me, this thing was capable of waking up dead people in Australia or New Zealand. So when he blew it down the phone at top volume, one can only imagine what the poor little scam artist on the other end must have suffered.........

;D

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 09:14:34, 20/02/19 »
Microsoft scam on my laptop yesterday, a woman's voice telling me not to switch off my laptop, my son sorted it out by phone.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing