Author Topic: TRYING TO FIND CAROLYN BARTON ' CADGE' FROM WYTHENSHAWE.  (Read 2462 times)

Wythyboy

Hi
I am trying to fin CAROLYN BARTON Nick Name 'CADGE' who live in Woodhouse Park Wythenshawe opposite Oldwood School  6 Games Walk I think.
Carolyn's brother Geoff Barton of 'Proff Barton' of the same address was and remains my all time very best mate. I was absolutely devastated when I heard that Geoff had been killed while cycling home from a part time job at the Airport. Hit by a refuse lorry I heard and died five or six years later back in the 1960s after the ventilator was turned off.
I had just joined the RAF so that is the only reason I was not around during this awful time and for his funeral.
I briefly met Carolyn at the Airport Hotel a few years later but as I was with someone at the time it was hard to talk to her about it. I would very much like to meet up with Carolyn before any more years go by. I visited your grandad and Grandmother and they kindly let me have a black and white photograph of Geoff which stands on the side within my room. We had some really great times together and I just feel there is a connection between Geoff, Carolyn and myself. I know her best mate was called Denise Cunningham ? who lived at the end of the row. Please get in touch Carolyn or if anyone knows her let her know I am looking for her. I don't mind you having my mobile 07513795683 Text or call. Always mates. Barry from Kingsdown Road Wythenshawe.

Wythyboy

Re: TRYING TO FIND CAROLYN BARTON ' CADGE' FROM WYTHENSHAWE.
« Reply #1 on: 23:39:27, 13/05/19 »
Note should read 5-6 days on a ventilator not years. Apologies. Barry Plant

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 07:23:28, 14/05/19 »
Barry if you are on Facebook there is a excellent site on there called looking for lost friends and  family in Manchester , if you Haven’t tried it it’s worth a go , good luck

Wythyboy

« Reply #3 on: 00:13:45, 12/06/19 »
Thanks will give it a try but not hopeful as now might go by married name and everyone changes so much that it’s near impossible to identify the right one. Thanks anyway.

Wythyboy

« Reply #4 on: 04:24:16, 24/10/19 »
It is with a heavy heart that I have now discovered the whereabouts or should I say what happened to Geoff Barton’s sister Carolyn or Caroline Barton. Apparently Caroline married and had two young children and would have been in her mid twenties when she too was involved in a fatal road accident. No details as to whether she was driving or a passenger or pedestrian only that she Alone lost her life leaving behind her two young children and her husband. Well I wanted to know but not this outcome. How very sad. At least I take comfort in thinking that Geoff her brother who was also killed in a road accident would be there to meet her. Also their father and mother have also passed away so I do hope that they can once again be reunited as a family where no more harm can come to them, It must have been awful for her parents to lose two only children in such a way at such a young age. My thoughts are with her husband and two young children.
We seek answers but sometimes the truth is best not known. I felt sick when I heard of this second tragedy. Such a fun little img girl, pretty and just great fun to be near. God bless you all. Barry Plant

Parky

« Reply #5 on: 06:43:56, 24/10/19 »
So sorry to hear about that Barry it’s so sad ,but look at it that your life was enriched by knowing this lovely  lady albeit for a short time
« Last Edit: 07:41:34, 24/10/19 by Parky »

Wythyboy

« Reply #6 on: 02:01:00, 25/10/19 »
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. It had been a long search to find the sister of my best childhood friend. Not just on this site but on many others. I joined ‘ I survived Wythenshawe’ group which is a great group to follow if you lived or should I say survived Wythenshawe! It was through group that a good friend of Caroline’s contacted me with this tragic news. I say tragic because to lose two children to road accidents, one at 17 and the other mid twenties is a tragedy. 
Thank you. Barry