Author Topic: Cringe  (Read 4569 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Cringe
« on: 19:52:49, 06/06/20 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52923431

Sports car owners seeking social media fame are "causing a public nuisance" by loudly revving their engines, a councillor said.
Craig Browne said cars were being shown off in Alderley Edge with the intention of appearing on YouTube channels.
Local YouTuber Joardan Belsham denied loud revving was "a big problem" there.
Mr Browne, who is deputy leader of Cheshire East Council, said a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) was being explored to "make revving an offence".

In an article on AlderleyEdge.com, Mr Browne wrote that the number of supercar drivers coming to the village in the hope of being captured on YouTube had been "growing over several years".
"There are a group of people who stand on the footway at various points with cameras looking to take photographs of vehicles," he told the BBC.
"It's like the highways version of trainspotting, but it is encouraging reckless driving and antisocial behaviour.
"The way they're being driven with rapid acceleration and excessive revving of engines and exhaust noise is causing a problem."
Later this month, the council will consider how a PSPO could be drawn up in order to outlaw revving and rapid acceleration on the village's main roads.

Mr Browne also suggested the speed limit could be cut to 20mph.
Cheshire Police Ch Insp Jez Taylor said: "We are aware of the issue and will be working with the council and highways to look for a resolution."
Mr Belsham, who has filmed cars in Alderley Edge at weekends for six years for his Supercars in Manchester YouTube channel, said loud revving was discouraged by photographers and was "not something that happens very often".
"When it does some locals tend to jump on it as an excuse to bring in the council,", he said.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

Re: Cringe
« Reply #1 on: 20:20:51, 06/06/20 »
Meanwhile thousands of idiots In Manchester Centre defying the lockdown and probably prolonging it , not that sort of problem Though in leafy Cheshire .

St Chads Lad

« Reply #2 on: 20:33:50, 06/06/20 »
Water Cannon.  ;)

Parky

« Reply #4 on: 17:44:24, 12/06/20 »
As far as I know Ricky Gervaise is the only celeb who lives in the real world , he certainly took the “ woke” American celebrities to task at the golden globes Awards , if you haven’t seen it catch it on you tube ,

St Chads Lad

« Reply #5 on: 19:44:10, 02/08/20 »
See the source imageImage result for wtf emoji movingAre ya scared, are ya?

Parky

« Reply #6 on: 20:02:32, 02/08/20 »
Thought para military groups were banned in the uk , oh wait it’s the left

St Chads Lad

« Reply #7 on: 14:33:19, 03/08/20 »
Thought para military groups were banned in the uk , oh wait it’s the left
"Prohibition of uniforms in connection with political objects"
(1) "Subject as hereinafter provided, any person who in any public place or at any public meeting wears uniform signifying his association with any political organisation or with the promotion of any political object shall be guilty of an offence".

Public order act 1936, introduced to put the block on Mosley's Blackshirts, obviously doesn't apply to Black faces.
Image result for think emoji
« Last Edit: 14:37:01, 03/08/20 by St Chads Lad »

lozflan

« Reply #8 on: 11:56:04, 07/08/20 »
Plenty of masks lying in the streets,not all just lost. More litter.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

St Chads Lad

« Reply #9 on: 14:47:43, 07/08/20 »
So the people wearing face nappies to help 'kill the virus' are discarding germ infested items in the street where there is a risk of further infection? Wouldn't you think that the Government and these thick Chief Constables would have foreseen this and issued a warning of legal consequences if caught not disposing of them correctly? ;D
   Been to ASDA today sans mask, no problems. :)

St Chads Lad

« Reply #10 on: 09:59:51, 09/12/20 »
Matt Halfcock pretending to cry on TV yesterday, embarrassing.  ;D

Parky

« Reply #11 on: 10:26:35, 09/12/20 »
Two European teams walking off the pitch because the fourth official described a player as black , I went to a curry house with my family a few years ago, the waiter asked the chef who was the meals for the chef said “ it’s for the white family on table 2 “ I didn’t get offended ,

ExileSteve

« Reply #12 on: 22:02:18, 15/12/20 »
Two European teams walking off the pitch because the fourth official described a player as black , I went to a curry house with my family a few years ago, the waiter asked the chef who was the meals for the chef said “ it’s for the white family on table 2 “ I didn’t get offended ,

Did they really? With every passing day, my instinctive gut feeling to abandon my love affair with professional football seems to be vindicated evermore. Thank God I stick purely to the non-League game these days. Why not just bulldoze these massive stadiums, for nobody is ever going to fill them again? It would be preferable to knocking down our shopping centres and burying our countryside under concrete to provide housing for the Replacement population.

Parky

« Reply #13 on: 12:46:01, 16/12/20 »
It seems that more football  fans are booing the players kneeling , but the media are trying to keep a lid on it , tv channels are turning the sound of booing off ,  ::)

Carl

« Reply #14 on: 18:20:04, 16/12/20 »
It seems that more football  fans are booing the players kneeling , but the media are trying to keep a lid on it , tv channels are turning the sound of booing off ,  ::)

Sky at times have even turned up the volume of the pre-recorded crowd noise they use when the stadiums are empty in order to drown out the booing.  Quite pathetic really, and surprised at Sky seeing as they depend on subscribers.  For the past few weeks, I've been enjoying the snooker on Eurosport, and it's nice to see the players come out and get on with the game straight away without this 'taking the knee' nonsense.