Author Topic: 'A Question of Sport' takes new direction  (Read 866 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
'A Question of Sport' takes new direction
« on: 09:12:10, 14/09/20 »
A Question of Sport host Sue Barker is leaving the BBC quiz show after 24 years, as part of a major shake-up at the programme.
The former professional tennis player said she was "sad to say goodbye" to her "dream job".

Team captains Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell will also depart the long-running sports quiz show.
Their final series together will be broadcast next year. The new line-up is yet to be announced.

Barker, 64, who took over as presenter from commentator David Coleman, said: "I've absolutely loved my 24 years fronting A Question of Sport, it's been my dream job.
"But I understand the BBC want to take the show in a new direction and I'm sad to say goodbye."

Ex-England rugby player Dawson, 47, and former England international cricketer Tufnell, 54, have led their teams on the show for 16 and 12 years respectively.

They were recording the new series together as recently as a week ago, according to a post on Tufnell's social media.
Tufnell wrote on Twitter that it had been a "great part of life" and that he was "going to miss it hugely" as he thanked fans for their messages.
Dawson also said he would miss the show "immensely" but admitted he did not know yet how to respond to the news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54135771
« Last Edit: 09:17:23, 14/09/20 by celeste »
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

Re: 'A Question of Sport' takes new direction
« Reply #1 on: 09:52:07, 14/09/20 »
....."But I understand the BBC want to take the show in a new direction" ..... ::)

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 15:47:56, 14/09/20 »
Mmm, I really don’t think anyone should moan about losing their job after twenty odd years at the bbc, however I do question who they are being replaced by ,

St Chads Lad

« Reply #3 on: 16:33:02, 14/09/20 »
Nice redundancy packages no doubt.  ???
       #defundthebbc. O0