Author Topic: Premier League radicsl reform  (Read 1003 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Premier League radicsl reform
« on: 19:45:34, 12/10/20 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54502459

Radical reform plan backed by Rick Parry

Premier League: Radical reform plans in the best interest of...
English Football League chairman Rick Parry has praised Liverpool and Manchester United for coming up with a plan he believes can protect the English football pyramid.
In return, the EFL would get 25% of all future TV deals, which would be negotiated jointly, plus the £250m bail-out Parry has being demanding since May.
More items...•11 hours ago
« Last Edit: 19:54:12, 12/10/20 by celeste »
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

Re: Premier League radicsl reform
« Reply #1 on: 20:28:22, 12/10/20 »
Pure greed , thank goodness I now watch non league

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 21:20:36, 12/10/20 »
More details:

What is the 'Project Big Picture' proposals?
The Premier League cut from 20 to 18 clubs, with the Championship, League One and League Two each retaining 24 teams.
The bottom two teams in the Premier League relegated automatically with the 16th-placed team joining the Championship play-offs.
The League Cup and Community Shield abolished.
Parachute payments scrapped.
A £250m rescue fund made immediately available to the EFL & 25% of all future TV deals
£100m paid to the FA to make up for lost revenue.
Nine clubs given 'special voting rights' on certain issues, based on their extended runs in the Premier League.
Who is backing it?
Liverpool and Manchester United have created the plan. No other clubs are yet on the record as supporting it.
"This is two of our great clubs showing leadership and exercising responsibility," said Parry. "The message from Liverpool and Manchester United is that they do genuinely care about the pyramid.
"The Premier League could have come up with a plan like this at any time. How long has it taken to get a rescue package? Months.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ExileSteve

« Reply #3 on: 20:12:10, 17/10/20 »
Pure greed , thank goodness I now watch non league

Fully agree, 100%. Non-League all the way from now on and, judging by the way the NFL and (especially) the NBA are unravelling in the States, I will wager a bet that we are not the only ones who feel the same way. I honestly don't think I would wish to continue following the horribly corrupt and bloated mess that the professional game is turning into, even if they hadn't decided to prostrate themselves to an imported Marxist organisation of terrorists. I have a treasure trove of memories gathered from all those years of fervent passion for what used to be the "beautiful game", and this will sustain me in the years ahead. But I simply cannot recognise the monster that pro-sport has become.

To all of those players and managers who were so much a part of my life in the past, I wish to say thank you for all of those wonderful (and not-so-wonderful!) experiences, triumphs and shared frustrations. And to all those in the present who are kneeling to the Satanic forces of darkness, I can only say "fork you".