Author Topic: Welcome back Cristiano Ronaldo  (Read 1217 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Welcome back Cristiano Ronaldo
« on: 18:05:25, 27/08/21 »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/welcome-home-manchester-united-reach-deal-to-sign-cristiano-ronaldo/ar-AANOJVR?

A statement said: "Manchester United is delighted to confirm that the club has reached agreement with Juventus for the transfer

of Cristiano Ronaldo, subject to agreement of personal terms, visa and medical."
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ExileSteve

Re: Welcome back Cristiano Ronaldo
« Reply #1 on: 18:38:01, 29/08/21 »
City feigned an interest so that United would go crashing right in with an astronomical offer that will cost them a large fortune and wreck the club’s wages structure. They fell for it with Sanchez. I can hardly believe they’ve taken the bait again. 😊😊😊

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 18:58:01, 29/08/21 »
Completely different animal , Sanchez was a moaner wanted to leave old Trafford after the first training session , Ronaldo at 36 is probably fitter than most 25 year old players barring injuries could play at the top for another four years, also he and I have similar bodies  ::)   

ExileSteve

« Reply #3 on: 23:27:04, 29/08/21 »
You wish!

Honestly, I am not confident he will last for two seasons in the Premier League. Italy, yes. Spain, yes. Germany, yes. But not here. We’ll see.

Parky

« Reply #4 on: 07:13:39, 30/08/21 »
Well when I say similar ;D

ExileSteve

« Reply #5 on: 22:35:58, 30/08/21 »
I know what you mean. In my mind’s eye, I look rather similar to Adam Ant, back in the days when he had the sort of stunningly handsome looks most men would give anything for. But then I catch sight of a mirror or accidentally spot a recent photo. Oh, my giddy aunt!

😱😱😱

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 15:36:25, 31/08/21 »
Cristiano Ronaldo to Man Utd: 'I'm back where I belong' and dedicates return to Sir Alex Ferguson - BBC Sport

Cristiano Ronaldo says he is "back where I belong" at Manchester United and has dedicated his return to the club to former boss Sir Alex Ferguson.
United have paid an initial 15m euros (£12.85m) to sign the 36-year-old from Juventus, a decade after he left the club to join Real Madrid. He has signed a two-year contract, with the option to extend for another year.

"Everyone who knows me, knows about my never ending love for Manchester United," he wrote on Instagram.
"The years I spent in this club were absolutely amazing and the path we've made together is written in gold letters in the history of this great and amazing institution."I can't even start to explain my feelings right now, as I see my return to Old Trafford announced worldwide.

"It's like a dream come true, after all the times that I went back to play against Manchester United, and even as an opponent, to have always felt such love and respect from the supporters in the stands.
"This is absolutely 100% the stuff that dreams are made of!"
« Last Edit: 15:40:30, 31/08/21 by celeste »

ExileSteve

« Reply #7 on: 23:35:06, 31/08/21 »
Yes, indeed.

I can’t imagine why he upped sticks and flounced off in the first place, really. What drove him to do it?

Anyone?

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 09:26:52, 01/09/21 »
New experience,  family, money?

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 20:54:56, 11/09/21 »
Ronaldo scores a brace in United's 4-1 win  :smitten: