Author Topic: GMP have failed to improve says Watchdog  (Read 483 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
GMP have failed to improve says Watchdog
« on: 14:49:51, 30/09/21 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-58748613?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Greater Manchester Police has "failed to make significant improvements" in its response to vulnerable victims of crime, a watchdog has said.

Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC) said the force was warned to improve in 2017, but it had "still not made sufficient progress".

HMIC's Andy Cooke said he was now "concerned about public safety".

Chief Constable Stephen Watson said he was "truly sorry" but added the force was "making progress in key areas".

In 2017, HMIC found GMP was failing to respond appropriately to vulnerable people, such as domestic abuse victims, and failing to attend incidents within an appropriate timescale.

It subsequently found the force was still deficient in those areas in 2019 and 2020.

A spokesman said a further recent inspection had found the force had again failed to make the expected improvements.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

Re: GMP have failed to improve says Watchdog
« Reply #1 on: 15:45:55, 30/09/21 »
 :o  No surprises there then.  ::)

St Chads Lad

« Reply #2 on: 08:48:26, 01/10/21 »
Article in the M.E.N., a message from GMPs 'top cop',
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/sarah-everard-murder-should-not-21728403

Then I found this in the comments section of a related story about our 'heroes',

I was sexually assaulted by a GMP officer early February. The level of cover up involved has been unreal. Nothing has changed since the new Chiefs appointment as despite my DPA SAR being acknowledged end of February I am still waiting. GMP are utter scum and corrupt to the core. The reason why they won’t part with the footage I have asked for is because it proves and implicates GMP officers. The sexual assault took place at Pendleton so please if you know anyone who ends up there try and get them out. I currently have an active IOPC complaint in progress as well as one with ICO and to be honest the outcome will be predictable. The system is designed to protect and serve the system not you the citizen. GMP illegally broke in to my property at the time I needed an ambulance and not the police. I was illegally arrested and detained for 40+ hours. Stay safe people GMPs reputation speaks fo it self and MEN have a habit of deleting comments that expose the scum

I removed the name of the author, don't be under the illusion that this behaviour is not common, it is, there are numerous stories of coppers taking advantage of vulnerable women and with the extension of the Wuflu powers it gives the creepy sick b'stards more opportunities, all females should be wary when dealing with them.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 09:09:10, 01/10/21 »
Has anyone seen an application form to join the police force,  what is the position of whoever interviews them,  they should have references and be interviewed by a psychologist/personnel etc. as it would appear some apply for the job because of the power it gives them,
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

« Reply #4 on: 17:12:17, 01/10/21 »

"At the outset of their service, it is made clear to officers that it is inappropriate to have or seek personal relationships with members of the public they meet through the course of their duties."

Two more, just today,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10050057/Married-police-officer-49-sex-domestic-abuse-victim-fired-Dorset-force.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10048901/Bristol-police-officer-sent-100-flirtatious-inappropriate-messages-woman.html

And one keeps his job.  ???
« Last Edit: 17:16:42, 01/10/21 by St Chads Lad »

St Chads Lad

« Reply #5 on: 16:13:00, 07/10/21 »
Criminals will be 'afraid to commit crime in Tameside' new top cop pledges but says trust in police 'couldn't be lower'
“We’ll bring them to justice, we’ll strip them of their assets, we’ll take their cars off them, their homes off them"

Tameside Chief Superintendent Rob Cousen
Tameside’s new top cop has pledged that criminals will be ‘afraid to commit crime’ under his leadership but admits public trust couldn’t be ‘any lower’ in policing currently.

Greater Manchester Police Chief Superintendent Rob Cousen addressed the borough’s full council on his second day in the role and outlined how the force intends to improve.

It follows the appointment of new Chief Constable Stephen Watson who has vowed to turn GMP around following a series of scathing reports by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services.

The most recent report said the force was ‘failing to respond to calls from the public’ and highlighted ‘significant delay’ saying ‘it has now reached the point where we are concerned about public safety in Greater Manchester’.

Earlier this week Mayor Andy Burnham told voters to hold him ‘accountable at the ballot box’ should there have not been improvement at GMP before the next mayoral election.

Chief Supt Cousen said the publication of a ‘plan on a page’ document outlining the purpose of the force would see it return to delivering the basics.

He described it as a ‘fantastic document’ adding ‘from a police perspective it tells us exactly what we should be doing’.

“We’re going to be arresting more people. Criminals in Tameside will be relentlessly pursued,” Chief Supt Cousen added.

“We’ll bring them to justice, we’ll strip them of their assets, we’ll take their cars off them, their homes off them, their money off them.
“We’ll stop them causing harm in our communities.

“We’re going to have criminals frightened to commit crime in Tameside because we’ll be onto them. Commit crime here and we’ll be coming for you, we’ll be kicking the doors in.”

There would be ‘high profile’ operations launched in the borough targeting issues that communities care about, including antisocial behaviour, drug dealing, crime and road safety, he said.

However Chief Supt Cousen told councillors that GMP had been ‘letting too many people down’ with the way it responded to crime and supported victims.

One issue locally was that neighbourhood teams inTameside had been being diverted to deal with ‘incoming demand’ which meant they weren’t able to do ‘root cause problem solving’ to prevent more crimes.

Chief Supt Cousen pledged to ring-fence those patrols, and to ensure that every burglary victim was seen by a police officer.

“If our community in Tameside dialled 999 we want to get to them quicker, 999 and 101 call waiting times will be shorter. There will be more capability to report a crime online,” he said.

“The first thing is about responding to incidents and emergencies. We’ve been letting too many people down by not getting to their calls for service.

Chief Supt Rob Cousen addresses Tameside full council
“So we’re doing everything we can in Tameside to make sure we attend as many of those incidents as fast as we can.

“The second thing is about investigating and solving crime. That’s basics of policing, but we’ve not been doing it as well as we should be doing.

“Taking positive action, getting to domestic abuse incidents, getting there quicker, safeguarding victims and children in Tameside is an absolute priority.

“If we get these right, this is about building public trust and confidence. I don’t think trust and confidence could be any lower in policing in general at the moment.”

« Last Edit: 16:20:36, 07/10/21 by St Chads Lad »

Parky

« Reply #6 on: 16:29:14, 07/10/21 »
I live in Tameside ,we have a group called crimewatchers who patrol a certain area around the streets at night and rely on donations , they have obviously no powers of arrest nor would they want them ,they just observe and if it’s suspicious they contact the police , but the people at the top of the police in Tameside should be hanging their heads in shame that it’s come to this ,

St Chads Lad

« Reply #7 on: 17:55:18, 07/10/21 »
  Similar set up in Failsworth, they have the Failsworth street patrol watching out for crime and anti social behaviour but the division of GMP that police the area have withdrawn their support accusing them of straying into vigilantism and breaking Covid rules, so the coppers frown on them.
  In Chadderton they have one too, it's fronted by a man named Mohammed Imran Ali, aka 'Irish Immy', this pillar of the community is the geezer that drove cop killer Dale Cregan to Leeds after he shot that guy in Tameside, shortly after which Cregan returned and murdered those two female officers.
  The police seem to have no trouble engaging with his group though.  ???

Parky

« Reply #8 on: 18:02:18, 07/10/21 »
The crime watchers around our way was also criticised by a “ top “ cop he was absolutely slaughtered on social media and soon backed down, I would have sued him for libel,

lozflan

« Reply #9 on: 16:51:59, 08/10/21 »
Supt Cousen tells a good yarn,but in real life 2 lads reccied our yard and neighbors ,3am cought on security cameras,stole someones parcel from back door,opened another car stole phone and whatever. Faces uncovered.
Last week while waiting at traffic lights down the street ,2 up on motorbike wearing hoodies,went past me and right through lights on stop.
As they say,there's never one about when needed.  Yes I know they cant be everywhere.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason