Author Topic: Finding my grandfathers child (CHEETHAM HILL/CRUMPSALL/NARBUTH DRIVE)  (Read 328 times)

Matthew Waddell

Hello all.[/size]For many months I have been looking for a child my biological grandfather had around 1996 1997.He was born in 1935 and lived in Cheetham hill from around 1975 until he died in 1997.We were not in contact with him during his life so all information I have in based on my own research.His name was Patrick John McConnell. He went by John and Johnny. He was short, Irish (donegal) and a chronic alcoholic.John lived at three Narbuth Drive, Cheetham Hill. He would often be spotted on Halliwell Lane, Waterloo Road and outside Shopping Giant and The Crumpsall Hotel drinking.He was short 5ft with dark brown hair and the sideburns, balding on top. I have attached a photo, hopefully renders for you to see. It's from the 60s so he would have aged considerably. Told he dressed like the old school irish but his clothes would be musty and stained.Before he passed in 1997 he had a child with a young woman in her 20s or 30 and he was around 60 at this time. The exact date we have no idea.She sadly died in labour not long before John passed too at the North Manchester General Hospital. Sadly despite much asking around locally I am yet to find a name for her.This means it is impossible to search for the child they had. We have been told the child was taken into care given what happened and possibly adopted.I have contacted social services, the salvation army, catholic children's rescue, the hospital and his relations in the area from whom he was estranged and know nothing. Every single adoption agency too have no way to without his partners.I have talked to over 200 people from crumpsall and cheetham hill related facebook groups. Folks recall them together but not her name.The only clues I have is that she spent time in Park House.If anyone recalls them please get in touch.