Author Topic: The Destruction of Moston  (Read 22549 times)

arthurchappell

Re: The Destruction of Moston
« Reply #30 on: 15:55:36, 24/03/09 »
A lady in my street who's very close on council matters informs me about them, so I walk up with her. I think the last one I went to was in August/September last year. She and Bill Risby used to lock horns all the time about wheelie bins being left out, it was funny to see. There were many results gained, so they were worth going to.

I'll post on here if there’s another meeting. In fact, I’ll take some action and I'll get in touch this week and ask when the next one is, or ask for one.

The last one I went to informed us which houses are getting grants to be modernised. Mine isn’t. There were about 10 people in attendance, 6 residents I knew of and I think the others were Private landlords.

thanks - as a Moston lad myself, i'd be interested
Arthur Chappell, writer,  Civil War Re-enactor, ex-cult member, socialite  http://arthurchappell.me.uk/

Facebook - http://profile.to/arthurchappell/

Mostonian

« Reply #31 on: 10:42:51, 25/03/09 »
Not sure what the fate of the pub is - it's been in a sorry state for years  hope they reopen or usethe building for something  soon -

It's to be reopened as a community centre. Harpurhey Citizen Advice Bureau and Manchester Law Centre are moving in there. Employment and skills for adults will be administered from there.

arthurchappell

« Reply #32 on: 11:32:51, 25/03/09 »
It's to be reopened as a community centre. Harpurhey Citizen Advice Bureau and Manchester Law Centre are moving in there. Employment and skills for adults will be administered from there.
  Good to know it has a future and a good one too - I need the CAB a lot so it's handy that they are going to operate more locally - the old Harpurhey branch was tricky for me to reach
Arthur Chappell, writer,  Civil War Re-enactor, ex-cult member, socialite  http://arthurchappell.me.uk/

Facebook - http://profile.to/arthurchappell/

briggsy

« Reply #33 on: 13:34:43, 04/07/16 »
Hello, I My Friend Nat Jacobs used to live in Moson, off Gill Street, his name is Nat Jacobs, the Boxer, who fought for the Middleweight title, He is well know in Manchester and especially so in Moston has is his Family is  also, we  used to go in the Derby ARMS, Unfortunately Nat is in a Care home now after having a serious head injury, did you Know him or his family? Alan Briggs

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: 18:26:41, 04/07/16 »
It would be best to send Arthur a personal message
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

briggsy

« Reply #35 on: 09:14:17, 05/07/16 »
Hello Celeste, why would it be best to send a pesonal message? . Alan

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: 09:51:30, 05/07/16 »
There were two websites on his profile and neither of them worked for me, you could try them in case there was a glitch yesterday
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Corrupt council

« Reply #37 on: 13:13:54, 05/07/16 »
Areas such as moston will always be needed. There has to be space and a place for the lower income class.

Without the low income class we don't have the breeders for soldiers for the army. We don't have the cleaners,we don't have the people who work the night shifts in care home for minimum.wage.

You shouldn't look at areas as can be improved you should look at them as holding pens for social classes of Manchester.

Moston will never just like other areas be anything other than a holding pen.
ROY.

Lucybor92

« Reply #38 on: 21:11:35, 19/09/21 »
Hi

My name is Lucy Bor and I live in Nottingham.
I was just replying to your message as Nat Jacobs is my mother's uncle and we she has not since him since she was a little girl which would be 40 plus years.
Kathleen Jacobs is her anutie. My grandma's sister
Is there any way I can get in contact with him please?

Lucy

lozflan

« Reply #39 on: 09:05:08, 20/09/21 »
Lucy, you need more Posts for PM messages,but I will put something on the St. Chads group.
A relative of yours is on it. I was in the same class as Joey Jacobs.
Further up this Page,the Post from Briggsy in 2016 didn't look good for your search.
I had'nt read it till now.
It would be better if I could say you are on F.B. you could message me here too.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

St Chads Lad

« Reply #40 on: 12:45:00, 23/09/21 »
Haven't seen this thread before, Moston Martyr was bang on, they call it Mostonbique now, Kenyon lane is Kenya lane, a concerned resident smeared as being a BNP supporter, typical.

Parky

« Reply #41 on: 09:02:49, 25/09/21 »
The number 7 bus is known around there  as the African queen ,

St Chads Lad

« Reply #43 on: 20:29:24, 10/10/21 »
The only way it ends is death or jail': The fear and anger about stabbings on north Manchester's streets

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/the-only-way-ends-death-21758385