Author Topic: HARRY (REDKNAPP) joins SPURS.  (Read 9129 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: HARRY (REDKNAPP) joins SPURS.
« Reply #15 on: 11:47:57, 29/06/10 »
Harry's name has been suggested for next England manager, he is good at man'management and knows a lot of the players some of whom have played for him, he is known for his tactical expertise and would be a good choice, however I think he should succeed Capello rather than replace him as I don't think Capello is to blame for England's exit.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: HARRY (REDKNAPP) joins SPURS. - Harry for England job?
« Reply #16 on: 17:52:06, 08/12/10 »
Harry Redknapp has hinted he is ready for the "aggravation" of the England job after becoming an even firmer favourite to succeed Fabio Capello.

Redknapp saw his odds shorten further on Sunday when Football Association general secretary Alex Horne revealed the Tottenham boss would be on a "not very long" long list for the position when it becomes vacant. That is set to happen in a year and a half at the latest, when Capello's contract expires.

Redknapp insists that as long as the pros of being a national team boss outweigh the cons, it is worth it, and he said: "Do I need the aggravation? It's aggravation managing Tottenham, isn't it? It's what you get with the job. You either enjoy it and get on with it or you turn it in and walk the dogs and play golf."
He added: "That's my choice, isn't it? And while I enjoy it, you keep going."

Spurs and England striker Peter Crouch declared Redknapp's elevation to England boss was "inevitable" but his manager disagreed.
The clamour for him will increase if Tottenham finish top of Champions League Group A after Tuesday night's game at FC Twente.

Redknapp said: "To win the group would be a good achievement for us. That's really what we'd love to do now and then we can put this to bed until the next round and when the draw comes up see what we get from there."

Crouch added: "We all know that we can nick some big teams if we finish second. It gives us more of a chance if we finish top of the group so we will be going all out to try and do that."

Even if Spurs do finish second behind Inter Milan, Crouch insists they have little to fear.
He said: "There is no one that we should be wary of at all although, saying that, having watched Barcelona, perhaps we should be a little bit cautious. But we shouldn't be too frightened. We have performed very well against top opposition

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: HARRY (REDKNAPP) joins SPURS. - will Beckham?
« Reply #17 on: 23:12:32, 30/12/10 »
Have heard Harry wants Beckham on loan - bring it on

Greengate Girl

« Reply #18 on: 17:39:30, 03/01/11 »
Becks?  Oh yes Celeste.xxxx
I was as pure as the driven snow, till I drifted. Mae West.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: 20:46:33, 03/01/11 »
Harry is a brilliant manager, especially man-management, when he was manager of West Ham, he said the atmosphere in the dressing room was great, he had Ian Wright who played the guitar and 'Razor' Ruddock who sang, as well as having John Hartson and Paul Kitson  (who were very effective strikers btw)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: 22:28:46, 14/01/11 »
Heard someone had put a bet on for Harry to be next England manager - hmmm, may do the same now O0

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: HARRY (REDKNAPP) joins SPURS.- AC Milan lose to Spurs.
« Reply #21 on: 22:11:36, 09/03/11 »
By Jonathan Liew 10:00PM GMT 09 Mar 2011 Jonathan's Twitter
  • COMMENTARY
  • KEY MOMENTS
  • LIVE COMMENTINGWRAP:

They were second best on the night, Tottenham, but tomorrow's newspaper will merely record the fact that the game finished 0-0. (It'll actually also record the fact that Tottenham were second best on the night, but you know what I mean.) Over the two legs, nobody could begrudge Tottenham their victory. As impressive and sharp as Milan were, it was a performance of real guts and discipline from Tottenham. Let's hear no more of this silly talk about Tottenham's soft underbelly. They've taken on the best team in Serie A and not conceded a goal in three hours of football. That's good going. Who might they take on in the last eight? Barcelona, Shakhtar and Schalke are already there. Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Manchester United will probably join, and all of those would be delighted if Tottenham's name came out of the hat. But talk to any Tottenham fan tonight, and with one voice, they'll tell you the same thing: bring it on. Tonight's been a pleasure, I'll see you at 8am sharp on Friday morning for England v Bangladesh. I probably won't, will I?

21.51 Harry Redknapp: "They're a great club with great tradition. But we worked our socks off. When you come home with that one-goal lead, you try and protect it. You're always aware that you want to hang on to that lead. We got outnumbered in the middle of the park, they passed the ball well and made it difficult for us. You're looking at that clock and you want it to go. It's a great achievement for this club. It's amazing what the players have done, and if people can't appreciate what we've achieved, they shouldn't be in football. Barcelona? They're the team you don't want to play at the moment."
  • All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

stelalouis

« Reply #22 on: 07:47:03, 16/04/11 »
    Its good that he become a manager :)

celeste

• Global Moderator
    « Reply #23 on: 09:17:29, 16/04/11 »
    Its good that he become a manager :)

Hi and welcome to the forum, yes it is good, and good for Spurs too ;)