Author Topic: Darts .. The Manchester Board  (Read 2660 times)

Christopher

Darts .. The Manchester Board
« on: 19:19:54, 24/10/06 »
The traditional Manchester board is known as the "log end" board. The Manchester board was threatened with extinction when the manufacturers Perrigo of Droylsden ceased production but they are now being produced
by a father and son team in Denton. Source: South Manchester Reporter.
« Last Edit: 19:27:22, 24/10/06 by Christopher »

peterw

Re: Darts .. The Manchester Board
« Reply #1 on: 02:55:44, 28/10/06 »
Look it up in the Manchester Evening News (mid 1960s). I actually interviewed the descendents of the original makers who had a shop on Ashton Old Road, just below Wood Street. Turned out to be quite a good feature.
Funny things happen to me on my way to the Forum

paul_massey

« Reply #2 on: 00:30:31, 13/12/06 »
Interesting

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: 02:33:56, 13/12/06 »
Look it up in the Manchester Evening News (mid 1960s). I actually interviewed the descendents of the original makers who had a shop on Ashton Old Road, just below Wood Street. Turned out to be quite a good feature.

Typical :D 100 years from now a researcher will have a headache looking up this information. Mid sixties covers at least a two year period unless one goes for the last day of '64 and the first of '65 or thereabouts :D People wanting to know about it today have the same problem. I wonder if one of the Manchester libraries would have the article in their box of newspaper cuttings?