Author Topic: Man City  (Read 7198 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Man City
« Reply #15 on: 22:10:03, 27/08/11 »
F.A. - Football Association   (football = Soccer)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Churchmouse

« Reply #16 on: 22:17:15, 27/08/11 »
I need to find an American forum where I can talk to someone about NFL Football.
"No other success can compensate for failure in the home"  David O. Mckay

silverbirch

« Reply #17 on: 22:36:12, 27/08/11 »
Hadn't thought about that, but      city and united could also be    no  1 and no 2   
wealthiest clubs in Britain right now  ....

Though United own their stadium  whereas   City rent theirs.

Cupcake

« Reply #18 on: 22:49:49, 27/08/11 »
What are you counting?  Cos if you deduct MUFC debts and consider Abramovic's net worth, I think it might get close.... ???

Churchy, if you have the urge to talk about an NFL game after all those HOURS of the commentators filling in the gaps in play, then you are bordering on obsession!   After watching the Superbowl, I can't even think about American Football for a week!  :D
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

Churchmouse

« Reply #19 on: 22:54:17, 27/08/11 »
When you refer to American Football, just say "real football". We have little girl soccer teams in the US ;D

Cupcake

« Reply #20 on: 23:08:38, 27/08/11 »
Yes, Churchy and the big girls play in the NFL.  Long hair, padded shoulders, tight Lycra pants and fancy hats.....  :coolsmiley:

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: 23:11:18, 27/08/11 »
Yes, Churchy and the big girls play in the NFL.  Long hair, padded shoulders, tight Lycra pants and fancy hats.....  :coolsmiley:

;D
 Don't forget this though -Man United set for Asia flotation -  Manchester United's US owners are set to multiply the value of their investment by six times if it floats in Asia, it has been reported.
The Glazer family bought the Premier League football club for £790 million in 2005 in a controversial deal that has sparked fury among fans because they put in just £300 million of their own money and loaded the club with debt.
According to the Sunday Times, the Glazers expect Manchester United to be valued at £2.4 billion and following the sale of a 25% stake, which will raise £600 million in new money for the club, their holding to be worth more than £1.8 billion.
The flotation, on the Singapore stock market, is expected to raise enough cash to clear the club's outstanding borrowings, currently more than £500 million.
Despite fans' protests and fears that the high interest charges would hamper investment in the team, the club has remained one of the world's most successful sports franchises. It won the Premier League for a record 12th time last year and reached the final of the Champions League.
Manchester United have a huge fan base in Asia, with supporters estimated to number more than 190 million or more than half of its total number of fans.
The club is expected to use the float to expand its commercial reach in the region as well as raise cash.
Last week, it was revealed it had lodged a listing submission with the Singapore exchange, which would mean a float would most likely be in the final three months of 2011.

« Last Edit: 23:15:47, 27/08/11 by celeste »

Churchmouse

« Reply #22 on: 23:13:43, 27/08/11 »
I know you folks like your soccer. I've seen the riots on TV. Starting fires in stadiums, trampling people to death, starting fights. All kinds of fun

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: 23:17:20, 27/08/11 »
Now that's just plain spiteful - it only happens when Fergie or Cupcake is there >:D

Churchmouse

« Reply #24 on: 23:19:31, 27/08/11 »
Now that's just plain spiteful - it only happens when Fergie or Cupcake is there >:D

;D ;D

Cupcake

« Reply #25 on: 23:38:28, 27/08/11 »
Celeste, if I went to matches, nobody would be naughty, cos I'd take a large supply of muffins and a machine gun.  I've never found any situation I couldn't control with one or both..... but sadly, I can't tell you any of the really interesting stories or they'll take away my licence to drive tanks. 8)   

Churchy, there's no violence at NFL games because after five hours sitting there eating nineteen hot dogs and drinking seven jumbo Cokes, half the spectators are in diabetic comas and the other half are so jazzed on caffeine they are hiding under their seats thinking the CIA is after them!  ;D 

silverbirch

« Reply #26 on: 00:05:47, 28/08/11 »
Just shows how things change,    if memory serves, Maxwell  almost nabbed  Man U  for
£30 million .... !  back in the  80s  ....... wot an investment that would have been

Adsum

« Reply #27 on: 09:02:02, 28/08/11 »
Just shows how things change,    if memory serves, Maxwell  almost nabbed  Man U  for
£30 million .... !  back in the  80s  ....... wot an investment that would have been

Michael Knighton almost pulled it off! (Only he didn't have the money)

BBC ON THIS DAY | 18 | 1989: Man U sold in record takeover deal
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Churchmouse

« Reply #28 on: 11:25:10, 28/08/11 »
Celeste, if I went to matches, nobody would be naughty, cos I'd take a large supply of muffins and a machine gun.  I've never found any situation I couldn't control with one or both..... but sadly, I can't tell you any of the really interesting stories or they'll take away my licence to drive tanks. 8)   

Churchy, there's no violence at NFL games because after five hours sitting there eating nineteen hot dogs and drinking seven jumbo Cokes, half the spectators are in diabetic comas and the other half are so jazzed on caffeine they are hiding under their seats thinking the CIA is after them!  ;D

And still others so full of $10 beers they don't even know where they are ;D  Never been to a NFL game, but did attend a MLS (Major League Soccer) game in Columbus, Ohio, but I like to hear bones break >:( :)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: 11:29:33, 28/08/11 »

Michael Knighton almost pulled it off! (Only he didn't have the money)

BBC ON THIS DAY | 18 | 1989: Man U sold in record takeover deal

What is Michael Knighton doing now,  is he in horseracing?