Author Topic: Seafood in Manchester  (Read 9357 times)

ans

Seafood in Manchester
« on: 07:30:35, 18/10/11 »
hello guys,

im new to this place, and I live in salford area, I wonder where can I find those local seafood stall
coz i couldnt find any from the internet, I wanna buy some fresh seafood, especially oysters :)
thanks for the kindly help ! :)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Seafood in Manchester
« Reply #1 on: 08:08:43, 18/10/11 »
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you with your question
 :)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Adsum

« Reply #2 on: 11:03:47, 18/10/11 »
hello guys,

im new to this place, and I live in salford area, I wonder where can I find those local seafood stall
coz i couldnt find any from the internet, I wanna buy some fresh seafood, especially oysters :)
thanks for the kindly help ! :)

Manchester Arndale indoor market has a pretty good selection of fresh fish. Depending upon the catch they cover everything from shark to halibut to oysters and scallops. When I was on Bury market the other week I was very impressed with the wide selection of fresh fish there was to be had from the indoor fish market.  If you have transport and don't mind getting up early, you can buy anything that you need from the main wholesale fish fruit and veg Smithfield Market, Ashton old road Openshaw. They sell to the public in reasonably small quantities.
« Last Edit: 11:08:03, 18/10/11 by Adsum »
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Cupcake

« Reply #3 on: 11:58:37, 18/10/11 »
I've heard good things about Bury Market, although I've not been yet.  I believe the trams go there too?
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

Adsum

« Reply #4 on: 13:04:17, 18/10/11 »
I've heard good things about Bury Market, although I've not been yet.  I believe the trams go there too?

Hi. Cupcake,

Although I have been to Bury dozens of times I had never been onto the market until recently. I was very pleasantly surprised to see the vast array of goods for sale, with probably the best selection of meat and fish stalls collectively that I have seen for a long time. I went on a sunny day in the school holidays and it was packed, both indoors and out. There were coach parties from all over the North there. There are plenty of good inexpensive eating establishments in close proximity to the market. I went by Metro tram from Victoria station, it took about 15/20 minutes and the terminus is just across the road from the market. I think that the main market is only open on Thursday Friday Saturday. There is a web site telling you all you need to know about it.

www.burymarket.com
« Last Edit: 13:08:50, 18/10/11 by Adsum »

Cupcake

« Reply #5 on: 13:14:47, 18/10/11 »
My friend's mum goes there - says the quality is excellent, and the prices are low.  I keep meaning to go and browse, but something or other always gets in the way.  C'est la vie, eh?  ::) 

Adsum

« Reply #6 on: 13:19:15, 18/10/11 »
My friend's mum goes there - says the quality is excellent, and the prices are low.  I keep meaning to go and browse, but something or other always gets in the way.  C'est la vie, eh?  ::)

They do French food as well, so hop it down there ASAP.   ;D

Cupcake

« Reply #7 on: 13:32:51, 18/10/11 »
 :o  Snails and frogs' legs?  Not whilst there's a single lentil left in my larder!  Patisserie, on the other hand, or that distinctive breadcrust..... yeah, that could tip the balance in the very near future!  If you're there on Friday morning and there's a lady with a strawberry custard tart in each hand and a baguette under her arm, come over and say hi!  ;D

Adsum

« Reply #8 on: 13:41:07, 18/10/11 »
Only if you promise not to smash them in me mush?  :-\

migky

I'm a bit like Marmite

Adsum

« Reply #10 on: 14:02:22, 18/10/11 »
After looking at some of those photographs my mouth is watering, thanks for posting them.  :D

migky

« Reply #11 on: 14:41:35, 18/10/11 »
Bolton has more fresh water fish than Bury, not a great lover of fresh water fish. Taste a bit earthy to me. Trout is about my limit.

I wouldn't mind trying Crayfish, as we are now swompped with the Americana signal caryfish that are killing off our British white crayfish.

http://www.thefishsite.com/articles/403/nonnative-crayfish-in-the-uk
I'm a bit like Marmite

Cupcake

« Reply #12 on: 15:58:46, 18/10/11 »
Only if you promise not to smash them in me mush?  :-\

Moi?  Waste patisserie?  :o Adsum, do you not know me at all?!  ;D