Author Topic: Yuppies/posh people in Manchester  (Read 22045 times)

St Chads

Re: Yuppies/posh people in Manchester
« Reply #90 on: 12:14:08, 14/03/12 »
" Life calls the tune , we dance ".

JOHN GALSWORTHY,

julie

« Reply #91 on: 17:05:37, 14/03/12 »
well when i visit my city manchester(I live in Kent) I know its mt city and I don't care I have the confidencethat was instilled in me as a child 'you are northern and you are a mancunian' so my roots make me confident no matter where I go posh voices hold no fear for me.
fate keeps on happening

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: 18:19:28, 14/03/12 »
no matter where I go posh voices hold no fear for me.

I didn't think they would and why should they ;)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Macktheknife

« Reply #93 on: 16:02:08, 23/01/13 »
As Quentin Crisp said (RIP): "Don't try and keep up with the Jones's - drag 'em down to your level."  Mind you, people who think a creche is a car accident in Knightsbridge are usually worth mugging.

julie

« Reply #94 on: 20:23:13, 24/01/13 »
Oh there are some very snooty people about and I do not have a kentish dialect and was sometimes made to feel that I had let the neighbourhood down ah and then I met a very dear friend who was very upper class we used to take my three year old boy out with us for coffee and let him create mayhem in the la di da shops and we thoroughly enjoyed the stares and comments fom those around us.
fate keeps on happening

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: 20:58:19, 24/01/13 »
I can just imagine it, snooty people can be a bit of a pain especially speaking really loudly in a restaurant - some of them believe they are so precious they can get away with it - trouble is with some establishments money talks.
It just boils down to the fact that there are people who are pleasant and people who JUST SHOULDN'T BE LET OUT TO INFLICT THEMSELVES ON THE LIKES OF US
 ;D

8)

All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Macktheknife

« Reply #96 on: 14:52:31, 29/01/13 »
I don't suppose many footballers (and I believe there are a few in Manchester) qualify as "posh" even if one of them was married to one.  LOMBARDs, the lot of them.