Author Topic: 70's / 80's clubs....  (Read 191322 times)

Steve H

Re: 70's / 80's clubs....
« Reply #270 on: 20:18:53, 25/01/16 »
Used to go to Legend's on the corner of Princess Street in the mid 80's.  Also Rotters, Hell, Placemate 7 and PIPS.  Oh and Club Tropicana (but the drinks were not free).

brownduke

« Reply #271 on: 20:57:24, 05/02/21 »
Hi,

here is my list of clubs i remember from the 70's

pips
placemate
Romanoffs
rowntrees
Slack alice
Cellar vie 1&2
Connections
Annabelles
Black cat
Granny takes a trip
Pendulum
Waves
Piccadilly
jillys before rockworld
Fagins
Mr smiths
Cyprus tavern
Swinging sporran
continenental
Tiffanys

There are more but i cant remember them all please help!

Mozzer

« Reply #272 on: 19:39:27, 19/02/21 »
I used to go to a lot of clubs in the 80's.....I remember Legends back in 1984 or 5 or even 6
There was this one blonde girl who went in each week on a Saturday with a friend and she always wore dark glasses. Towards the end of the night the guys wanted a last dance with her and she wasn't having any of it, anfd her friend kept telling me to go and ask her to dance, but i was a bit shy due to the number of lads around the blond. I will always remember that as it went on for week after week. I must of been mad because she was gorgeous. I wonder if she will ever read this and remember me

Gmam

« Reply #273 on: 23:10:42, 05/04/22 »
Just joined up and saw a few wrong answers, Millionaire was owned by Peter Stringfellow, Selwyn Demmy had a few  restaurants  and a night club called 'Blinkers', one of the restaurants was 'Blinkers French' .............. Now a question ...... one I should know the answer too as Dave Mellor and I were the opening 'DJ's, what year did 'Brubakers' open ?
Any clear memories
Thanks
marcus  :-\
[/quote.  1984]

ExileSteve

« Reply #274 on: 22:18:57, 28/09/22 »
Stuffed Olives, Number One, and Hi Society. Now THEY were proper night venues! And we would all meet up at Brannigan’s Bar at the start of the evening, of course.

BernieBush

« Reply #275 on: 19:01:26, 05/12/23 »
Hi BigJohn,
I only just seen this... nearly 9 years. Time flies.
Yes Jenny and Mad John and I remember you.

I went to the area where they used to live, but it had changed so much.. all new houses.
Not sure where they live now..

All getting older now.. not sure, if we are all this side  :(

I will keep a lookout on here...
We could meet up.

Bernie

andy1966

« Reply #276 on: 17:46:21, 26/02/24 »
Oh yes - Charlie's Mini-Club.
 edtheball  i believe you 100% i saw similar goings on there and also got many propositions off what can only be described as very old obese women who fancied a bit of 17  i.e me, luckily i was pretty nimble on my toes and sauntered away rapidly leaving my mates falling over laughing. but all in all the clientele were pretty amiable and as i recall was frequented by quite a few dwarfs who when we got to know them were great company and were always up for a laugh. i can still recall a woman of about 20 stone and a dwarf doing a rendition of  "your the one that i want "  as john Travolta and Olivia newton john across the dance floor.i wish mobile phones were available then to record it. happy days.

Hi , I also can back you up 100% on that , as a 17 year old i used to go to Charlies bar back of Market street , Door man was a small Asian guy called Dougie he always wore a British Paratroopers beret , tie & blazer He was hard as nails , we went one Christmas eve  around 1974 the flap in the door slid open & Dougie Said "30p tonight lads three strippers & all you can eat" The buffet was the full length of the room every cooked meat you could think of pies  the lot , food was brilliant  when full of Christmas beer ,but the strippers were well past their sell by date i remember one who must have been in her late 70's  who had enormous breasts that were down near her knees & at one point threw them over her shoulders & danced with them facing the audience It nearly brought the house down, Beer was McEwans, dance floor was 6 pallets & two sheets of ply , i went many times i even had a good natter with Charlie one night (Who actually fought with Franco in the Spanish civil war) & at new year  (whole different story ) I was also told by an old obese woman that she wanted to [censored] me lol  HAPPY DAYS