Author Topic: Anyone Grow Up In Openshaw?  (Read 69622 times)

stevethemanc

Re: Anyone Grow Up In Openshaw?
« Reply #90 on: 18:50:29, 06/12/16 »
I got the slipper off Mrs Slinger for pinching Janet Watsons rubber. Steve Shea DOB 1956
Homesick.......

mangles

« Reply #91 on: 14:34:47, 17/01/17 »
[/font]

What a small world!  Although this is a rather old thread, I hope you are still around.

I am Elaine, and found this forum today after deciding to just do some general searching to try and clean up my family tree.

I was only thinking of Uncle Jim and Aunt Vye and Kath, as I would have called them, only a couple of days ago!  I have no photographs of Derrick, although I do have a couple of you, Stuart and Ian with their grandparents and your mum, amongst the heaps of information which my dad (Louis) kept, he was so pedantic, but the information has helped me fill holes. I am now so sorry I didn't ask him for more information about our family.

I went to Ashton Old Road school, but do know many of the names which have been mentioned on this thread. 

I hope you are still getting information from the forum, would love to hear from you.

Regards

mangles

« Reply #92 on: 14:41:07, 17/01/17 »

My name was Marie Quinn and brothers were Gerald and Kevin
One of my friends at school was Patricia Winterbottom. Anyone remember st Vincent's 1947-1953? My grandma lived on south street with their son Bryan mcguinness

Stanny47

« Reply #93 on: 21:45:55, 22/01/17 »
Remember the Lord Raglan>?
I went to school with  the son of the landlord of the Lord Raglan during the 60s.
« Last Edit: 22:04:58, 22/01/17 by Stanny47 »

sapper

« Reply #94 on: 16:59:34, 07/04/17 »
Hi  to all , I was born and bred in Higher Openshaw, in the year of 1943...in Brown Street, later to be renamed Brunner Street in about 1956 ish I went to Varna Street school, for my sins along with my elder sister and 2 brothers
MY gran. lived in Mary Street just off Stanley Street.
Our family moved to the new estate in Heald Green, Cheshire in 1957  but it was too far out for my father to get to work in Salford and we moved back and ended up in Greenwood house flats on kirkmanshume Lane, Longsight.

maggi

« Reply #95 on: 18:49:30, 12/06/17 »
Hi Stanny47   

would that have been Sean Broderick (the son at Lord Raglan)

stevethemanc

« Reply #96 on: 00:28:30, 06/06/19 »
I went to Elsian Street around61-66.I lived in Bartlett Street
Homesick.......

gillian elliott

« Reply #97 on: 10:08:29, 29/09/20 »
Does anybody remember the fruit and veg shop on Abbey Hey Lane and the lad called Joe who parents opened the shop. Anybody know Steven Breton. Susan Dunwell. TeacherS Mr and Mrs Davenport at Varna Street. Mrs Smedley.???

[email protected]

« Reply #98 on: 10:32:42, 22/02/21 »
Hi
iS THERE ANY ONE WHO WENT TO GRANGE STREET SCHOOL OR ANY ONE WHO DID LIVE IN GRANGE STREET I live at number 15 and went to grange street school
My mums name  was sylvia hornby there was six  of us 4 girls and two boys I was the eldest

JayWat777

« Reply #99 on: 06:12:00, 17/06/21 »
I grew up in Timperley Street in the Late 1950's 1960's etc. There are 5 of us (siblings) except for my older sister, went to Elysian Street school.

JayWat777

« Reply #100 on: 06:17:17, 17/06/21 »
I got the slipper off Mrs Slinger for pinching Janet Watsons rubber. Steve Shea DOB 1956

Hello Steven, this is Janet Watson - I remember your name, but not the incident. You've got an excellent memory! :)

Missy

« Reply #101 on: 20:42:16, 20/06/21 »
I was born and lived in Windermere Street, then we moved in with my gran on Clayton Lane South.
I loved living there, my grans two sisters lived two doors down from us. There used to be a sweet shop just round the corner on Ashton Old Road.
I went to St Barnabus school.  My mum and dad were Sunday school teachers at the church.  I was confirmed at St Barnabus.
I don’t know if anybody knew my family, my Gran was called Hilda Latchford and my mums name when she married was Joyce Moore, my dad was Joe Moore.  My name is Lynn.

Gimotodave

« Reply #102 on: 17:07:13, 16/02/24 »
Hi
Are you still reading these posts?