Author Topic: EURO 2012  (Read 10045 times)

lozflan

Re: EURO 2012
« Reply #15 on: 14:57:23, 25/06/12 »
italy. Here endeth the first lesson// Rooney seems to have a force field around his legs that repels the ball and icant decide whether it was too warm for him or is he just unfit. Baloteli was a joy to watch/.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

St Chads

« Reply #16 on: 08:28:13, 26/06/12 »
I think we all know why the FA decided to go with Roy H.
They acted as they have done in the past and gone with "safety " someone who won't rock the boat ...We also know that Arry would have been the ideal man for the job but anyone like Arry will never get a chance to run the show ''
There are question marks beside his name so therefore we will just have to suffer the inane tactics of RH..

Baloteli for me was useless to the point of stupidity , his shots from outside the box were indeed a joy to behold ....;-)
" Life calls the tune , we dance ".

JOHN GALSWORTHY,

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: 08:42:06, 26/06/12 »
Someone suggested Roy had a touch of Sir Alf about him I think it was Patrick Collins (Mail on Sunday)

Trevor Brooking told Harry it wasn't he who was against him becoming the new manager (my money is on Bernstein :-X )

It's being discussed on Radio Five/Live all the time but I've only heard Harry mentioned once, one pundit saying he would have gone for a more flamboyant style of game

Coincidence - R.H.  (Roy)   and H.R. (Harry)

All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads

« Reply #18 on: 08:47:14, 26/06/12 »
Someone suggested Roy had a touch of Sir Alf about him I think it was Patrick Collins (Mail on Sunday)

Trevor Brooking told Harry it wasn't he who was against him becoming the new manager (my money is on Bernstein :-X )

It's being discussed on Radio Five/Live all the time but I've only heard Harry mentioned once, one pundit saying he would have gone for a more flamboyant style of game

Coincidence - R.H.  (Roy)   and H.R. (Harry)

Yes celeste...that's funny ... :D   Harry's got baggage  allegedly

JOHN GALSWORTHY,

Cupcake

« Reply #19 on: 09:33:00, 26/06/12 »
I can't stand Harry.  I have no basis for it, but I instinctively recoil even seeing his face on the telly.  There's something about him that just feels horrible to me.  I'm not prone to such baseless prejudice at all, but there it is.  I would have hated him getting the job. 
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

St Chads

« Reply #20 on: 10:05:14, 26/06/12 »
I can't stand Harry.  I have no basis for it, but I instinctively recoil even seeing his face on the telly.  There's something about him that just feels horrible to me.  I'm not prone to such baseless prejudice at all, but there it is.  I would have hated him getting the job.

That's entirely your prerogative Cc, i have no problem with that . O0

He was / is though  the best we could have  hoped for imo.

JOHN GALSWORTHY,

Cupcake

« Reply #21 on: 10:49:43, 26/06/12 »
My favourite Harry moment was when he was accused of accepting a racehorse as a "gift" from an agent and told the court it was possible that he owned the horse (obviously something that can be easily missed, owning a racehorse - I have loads lying about!  ;D ) but then went on to say he was absolutely sure it hadn't won any money so it didn't count as a benefit at all.  Much as I dislike him, I have to salute that for optimism!     

St Chads

« Reply #22 on: 08:24:08, 27/06/12 »
Talking about Harry moments Cc......http://youtu.be/1ZcDTl4bYAY

This makes me laugh .... ;D

JOHN GALSWORTHY,

Cupcake

« Reply #23 on: 11:51:10, 27/06/12 »
I bet he'd pay good money to have that one deleted.  I'd not seen it before, but wow, could he be any ruder?   ???

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: 08:49:59, 28/06/12 »
I watched the Spain v Portugal match until it went to extra time, I was getting a bit bored and just wished it would have gone to penalties immediately

Wish they would have taken penalties before the match started and then if the actual match ended in a draw then whoever had won the shoot-out would automatically win and they could all exit the pitch
at least then there would have been some excitement and GOALS ;)

Cupcake

« Reply #25 on: 14:01:11, 28/06/12 »
Only a bit bored?  Dear God, I flicked the telly on to check progress and I think I lasted about six minutes.  This must be the dullest football tournament in history.  I like football, I really do, but I'm past caring who wins this one.  Never seen so many tedious draws in my life.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: 22:58:46, 28/06/12 »
I decided to only watch the highlights and have to congratulate Balotelli on his two great goals  O0
pleased the Italians won :smitten:

Cupcake

« Reply #27 on: 23:03:47, 28/06/12 »
Ooooh, now, if the Italians have beaten Germany and go on to beat Spain, does that alter the perception of our lads who only lost to them on penalties after extra time.....I rather think it might.   ???

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: 23:45:06, 28/06/12 »
Exactly what Adrian Chiles said tonight, nothing wrong in losing to worldbeaters, and why has Rooney got so much stick, he got a good goal, didn't let us down in the penalty shootout - the defences of both teams were so busy they didn't feed the midfield and the strikers rely on the latter
rant over :P

St Chads

« Reply #29 on: 07:16:48, 29/06/12 »
We have to be honest ....Rooney couldn't keep the ball (once he managed to get it )  he is not fit or indeed match fit and to be honest he knew it ...he should have ruled himself out of the game . We see it at United week in week out ....he's not as sharp as he used to be ,yet he knows that he is the one player that we can't do without ...
If he was fit we would see the old Rooney back again ...I guess he can't leave the "good life " alone .

JOHN GALSWORTHY,