Author Topic: No Beckham, No Cry?  (Read 13614 times)

Cupcake

Re: No Beckham, No Cry?
« Reply #15 on: 10:01:39, 09/07/12 »
Nah no Cc...Becks was getting too big for his boots ...Fergie knew it would lead him the wrong way and that his mind wouldn't have been on the game ...Fergie is a lot of things but he's not all about himself , he's all about United ...David should have seen the warning signs , there is no one bigger than the Club ...

Except Fergie.  Who tried to copyright the name "Alex Ferguson" for his own line of  merchandise, but was told it was far too common a name for that sort of thing to work..... ;D Becks got bigger than Fergie, that was the issue.  If Fergie thought that a lad who'd come to United as a boy and was a star in the team was going to struggle with the limelight, then surely the decent thing to do was support him, not fire him through the door BEFORE it actually happened, with stitches in his head? 

Giggs as captain.  Oh dear.  Can we not find an Englishman who can play football AND keep his personal life decent?  I have every respect for Giggs the player, he is well worth his place on the team - but a liar and a cheat who then abused his status to get a legal cover up for his philandering really wouldn't be my pick for captain.  John Terry all over again....   
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

Jim44

« Reply #16 on: 10:07:14, 09/07/12 »
Couldn't agree more Cuppy.
 One things for sure is that he's guanteed a job at the BBC!

Cupcake

« Reply #17 on: 12:43:11, 09/07/12 »
Sky should hire John Terry.  Then the sexist remarks of the others wouldn't seem so bad!  ;D

St Chads

« Reply #18 on: 07:28:36, 10/07/12 »

Except Fergie.  Who tried to copyright the name "Alex Ferguson" for his own line of  merchandise, but was told it was far too common a name for that sort of thing to work..... ;D Becks got bigger than Fergie, that was the issue.  If Fergie thought that a lad who'd come to United as a boy and was a star in the team was going to struggle with the limelight, then surely the decent thing to do was support him, not fire him through the door BEFORE it actually happened, with stitches in his head? 

Giggs as captain.  Oh dear.  Can we not find an Englishman who can play football AND keep his personal life decent?  I have every respect for Giggs the player, he is well worth his place on the team - but a liar and a cheat who then abused his status to get a legal cover up for his philandering really wouldn't be my pick for captain.  John Terry all over again....

I'd have Fergie in a heartbeat any day CC, don't believe all the ABU hype ...it's been going on for years .
Folks can't stand the way United have dominated the PL in the last 20 years , they have a  go at Fergie(he doesn't suffer fools too easily ) at every opportunity ....Fergie had put up with Becks poor play for over a season until eventually he had to let him go ....Wanting to BRAND yourself is not against the law either CC...it smacks of common sense to me .Anything that harms our team is a definite no-no in Fergies eyes...

As for Captain of GB "team" .....name me a perfect one ,if you can ?  ;)
" Life calls the tune , we dance ".

JOHN GALSWORTHY,

Cupcake

« Reply #19 on: 08:15:23, 10/07/12 »
Just seen Gerrard do a fabulous job......  Nobody is perfect, and I'd accept most candidates, but do we really have to keep picking the ones that behave like horny mongrels and then think their celeb status entitles them to special treatment?  ??? 

I don't know what ABU hype is.....  I am firmly Mancunian and equally pro United and City.  Alex Ferguson is a truly great football manager, but the personality traits that make him so are not likeable ones.  I can respect his ability and value his presence whilst thoroughly disliking his personality.    I've met and worked with a lot of celebs in my professional capacity and there are some who are nice people and some who are so far up their own wonderfulness that nobody else matters except in terms of how they can serve.   I have a list of celebs I've worked with and would recomend to anyone, and a list of people who make me sigh at the thought.  Want to guess where my previous encounters with Fergie have placed him?   ???
« Last Edit: 08:25:48, 10/07/12 by Cupcake »

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: 08:55:06, 10/07/12 »
I nearly had an encounter with Fergie at the Midland Hotel in Manchester, he was in the lounge bar with Ossie Ardiles (think it was him) the latter was gesturing as if to say look who I'm with - I walked straight past into the breakfast area and asked a waitress why Fergie was there so early, she said it was his birthday - New Year's Day
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

lozflan

« Reply #21 on: 16:19:09, 10/07/12 »
remember alex refusing to talk to[was it bbc?] that gave him a lot of  cred. i don,t think so. where with becks it,s what you see is what you see is what you get.   nice guy  he was filling up with petrolat a whitefield  station, when 2 lads asked for signature, then he was about to drive off leaving his wallet on car roof, before they stopped him.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Cupcake

« Reply #22 on: 16:32:27, 10/07/12 »
He demanded a personal apology from the Beeb for broadcasting a documentary including something about investigating his son over being an agent for the club.  When he didn't get an apology, he refused to talk to them, causing massive embarrassment for everyone.  Ego all the way.

David Beckham is one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet, and his wife is just as lovely, but shyer.  They talk to the waiters with the same respect they give the A listers.  That is the measure of class in my world.  I've never understood the spite thrown at the two of them. 

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: 18:26:25, 10/07/12 »
Yes I always thought Posh had to take a back seat when with the others, so glad she has had more success - I remember buying a piece of memorabilia and chose her instead of the others saying support your local Spice Girl (David was still at United then)  the guy at HMV fell about laughing
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Cupcake

« Reply #24 on: 18:33:42, 10/07/12 »
She was bullied viciously at school if I remember rightly.... which I reckon would leave anyone a bit insecure.....  she's one of those people who just doesn't seem to see herself as anything special, but she's absolutely lovely.  I don't know anyone who's met either of the Beckhams and come away with anything negative to say - and that is genuinely rare in my line of work!  ;D   

St Chads

« Reply #25 on: 08:41:07, 11/07/12 »
remember alex refusing to talk to[was it bbc?] that gave him a lot of  cred. i don,t think so. where with becks it,s what you see is what you see is what you get.   nice guy  he was filling up with petrolat a whitefield  station, when 2 lads asked for signature, then he was about to drive off leaving his wallet on car roof, before they stopped him.
Lol , it was the best days work when Fergie stopped talking to the Beeb.They tried and tried to dig-out something nasty /sordid about him or his family for years ....They thought they may just be onto something over Fergie's son ..but to no avail ,this time Fergie was true to his word and did stop talking to them .I would have done the very same .   ;)

JOHN GALSWORTHY,

St Chads

« Reply #26 on: 08:48:17, 11/07/12 »
For all the hype ...just ask David what he thinks of Fergie ...You won't get the answer you're expecting .David loves  Fergie and says so at every given opportunity . 

Fergie is a good man , he believes in "Family Values" and kindness in ways we will never truly know to be honest with you ....

JOHN GALSWORTHY,

Cupcake

« Reply #27 on: 12:35:17, 11/07/12 »
Oh for Heaven's sake!  You have just posted that you know he is a good man in ways we will never know about.  That doesn't even make sense..... I've no idea why you're so rabid about it.  All I said, from personal experience, is that he has an ego bigger than Alaska, which makes him good at his job, but not likeable.  I've met him. He has. He isn't.

But fine - there is no point discussing it with you, so have it your way, Fergie is a modest saint of a man.  I just hope you never actually meet him and get your fantasy well and truly debunked. 

St Chads

« Reply #28 on: 08:33:05, 12/07/12 »
Oh for Heaven's sake!  You have just posted that you know he is a good man in ways we will never know about.  That doesn't even make sense..... I've no idea why you're so rabid about it.  All I said, from personal experience, is that he has an ego bigger than Alaska, which makes him good at his job, but not likeable.  I've met him. He has. He isn't.

But fine - there is no point discussing it with you, so have it your way, Fergie is a modest saint of a man.  I just hope you never actually meet him and get your fantasy well and truly debunked.

" rabid "

JOHN GALSWORTHY,

lozflan

« Reply #29 on: 07:42:50, 14/07/12 »
i agree, cups.   never met the man but to me he comes across as arogant. this could be the effect of always having to be the better,[ m.u. fans dont care as long as they win]     is it true alec hit the bottle when city took the league ?????
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason