Author Topic: What do you hate about Manchester?  (Read 20672 times)

Adsum

Re: What do you hate about Manchester?
« Reply #60 on: 14:02:08, 31/01/13 »
OK. I see the wall now. But you also have building there hundreds of years old. Nothing like that in the US. I would like to visit England someday. Two places I would like to visit are the James Herriot museum in Thrisk (I think that's how it's spelled). He's my favorite author and the ruins at Whitby.

OK. I see the wall now. But you also have building there hundreds of years old. Nothing like that in the US. I would like to visit England someday. Two places I would like to visit are the James Herriot museum in Thrisk (I think that's how it's spelled). He's my favorite author and the ruins at Whitby.

You had better get a move on then. I saw a programme on tv the other day that said the Whitby ruins are in great danger of falling into the sea because of the North sea erosion. :(
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Churchmouse

« Reply #61 on: 17:26:11, 31/01/13 »
I'd better start rowing now then :)
"No other success can compensate for failure in the home"  David O. Mckay

julie

« Reply #62 on: 18:45:58, 31/01/13 »
Oh mack that was I always say that always 'eh come again'Oh who has house room I'm coming home hang about Brenda my mate has house room
fate keeps on happening

briggsy

« Reply #63 on: 20:10:12, 30/03/13 »
BALDO, I would like to point out that you have made reference to that nomark Keiron Stapleton when you asked the question what don't you like about Manchester, then you pointed out that he is from Salford which isn't Manchester.

Corrupt council

« Reply #64 on: 17:36:15, 31/03/13 »
I hate morons from the Liverpool side , talking about manchester or from the other side of the world... Why ? Is it not interesting enough for you where you are you have to comment on manchester forums ?

Never catch me on a scouse forum. YUK
ROY.

susie

« Reply #65 on: 12:02:46, 03/04/13 »
I am absolutely with Celeste about THAT wall!  I cannot think what on earth we have had it erected for.  When i worked in Manchester many moons ago - like the 1960's, Piccadilly Gardens was absolitely beautiful, trees and flowers were much in evidence and it was an oasis in a busy city where you could sit at lunchtimes and relax.  Now it is completely spoilt by having the addition of an office block, concrete everywhere and THAT WALL. Whoever thought of building it wants lining up against it and shooting, they even took down the Berlin Wall and this is every bit as bad in my opinion.  I wonder what visitors to the City think about it?   
 >:(
So Celeste you have my support!! ::)

holly222

« Reply #66 on: 13:32:01, 03/04/13 »
Interesting fact about manchester i found: " The city has the second highest rate of prescriptions for antidepressants in the country. Suicide rates among young men are twice the national average."

Something has to be not quite right about this city! Depressing!

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: 17:48:12, 03/04/13 »
I am absolutely with Celeste about THAT wall!  I cannot think what on earth we have had it erected for.  When i worked in Manchester many moons ago - like the 1960's, Piccadilly Gardens was absolitely beautiful, trees and flowers were much in evidence and it was an oasis in a busy city where you could sit at lunchtimes and relax.  Now it is completely spoilt by having the addition of an office block, concrete everywhere and THAT WALL. Whoever thought of building it wants lining up against it and shooting, they even took down the Berlin Wall and this is every bit as bad in my opinion.  I wonder what visitors to the City think about it?   
 >:(
So Celeste you have my support!! ::)
Thank you Susie (what a nice name) what were they thinking of - you are so right about it being a peaceful oasis, I love flowers, trees, shrubs and it looks so barren.

The wall is oppressive!
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: 18:25:29, 03/04/13 »
Welcome to the forum Susie and Holly222
 :)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

briggsy

« Reply #69 on: 20:48:53, 19/03/16 »
Hello greengate girl, well it has now been approved and confirmed that the Dreaded Wall in Piccadilly Gardens is going to be pulled down shortly, thankfully.