Author Topic: Heaton Park Prefabs  (Read 34306 times)

Tonio

Re: Heaton Park Prefabs
« Reply #45 on: 19:47:18, 08/12/20 »
Just found this website! Bringing back lots of memories reading all the posts, Tony Marsden and I lived at 8 Whitemere Drive directly opposite the Ostrich pub. 1953-57/8? My best friend 'Steve' lived next door, the Halls, he had 2 brothers, also 2 friends Barry and Alan Rogers, we all went to Parkside. Have some good memories of life in the park, though much then affected by my dad dying there in 1954, my friends families helped us out then, no social services as such in those days. We eventually moved up to Higher Blackley, went to Vicky Ave school and then on to Plant Hill Comp. It's a lifetime ago now, but I'm still in touch with Barry and go to school re-unions when we can meet up, difficult in these trying times. Roll on 2021.

ray.t

« Reply #46 on: 00:17:02, 17/03/21 »
Hi, my name is Ray Tuite. I too was at Parkside, I lived on Broadmere Drive. We had the walk to school every morning and I do remember so much of what was a wonderful time. I remember and revere, Miss Walton and Mr. Edwards. I can recall some of [size=78%] my classmates from then, but unfortunately not enough. I left Parkside and the estate in 1958 after moving on to secondary school.[/size]
[size=78%]I would love to hear from anyone of my contempories, from that golden age.  If there is an afterlife I would love to return to Parkside and Broadmere Drive.[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
[size=78%]Regards to all who were there..............Ray Tuite.[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]

Raymond Was vilosky then

« Reply #47 on: 13:54:12, 21/05/21 »
Does anyone have pictures or any memories of living in Heaton Park Prefabs?

Hi John my name is Raymond Vilosky Thornton to day I lived at no 11 earlmear Drive in the prefabs went to park side have loads of memories of the circus that came to the park and the fair ground

Raymond Was vilosky then

« Reply #48 on: 14:03:09, 21/05/21 »
Have just come on to the group hi all my name is Raymond Vilosky is Thornton now I lived in the prefabs and went to park side I remember the cereus and the fair ground coming along the road to the park very exciting I lived at no 11 Erlmear Drive

Carolecm

« Reply #49 on: 10:46:58, 21/01/24 »
I have only just joined this forum and read all comments on prefabs in Heaton Park. We lived on Erlmere Dr, my name was Carole Hill and I went to Parkside school, my friends there were Linda Lee and Kathleen Whitehead. I remember Jean Worsley well, I once went to her house for tea(egg and chips I think) I was a bit envious of Jean who's house was tidy and correct with a tablecloth and glasses of water on the table etc, my mum was great but very disorganised.I also remember Roberta Goodalf, she was in my class and I was on the netball team(for a while) and the rounders team ,I have a picture of the team, will dig it out and post it. I remember all the teachers mentioned, and Joyce Whitehead, I went to a birthday party at her house and her mum made tiny pink merangues, I was in awe! I also remember Barbara and David Greenburg, John Seldon and his little brother Philip(I think) who lived opposite us. Marsha Mendellson( who we all thought came from a rich family) she brought a block of Walls neapoliton icecream into school on her birthday to share with friends. I also remember Albert Bowers, Sheila Ryan, twins Susan and Christine, a lovely girl in class called Deborah ? who looked after me on my first day as I joined school when about 6 or 7yrs. I also remember Barbara Bond who went on to Mcr central high. we were so sad to leave it broke my mother 's heart.

claretwoman

« Reply #50 on: 11:30:48, 21/01/24 »
It’s so coincidental you replied to this topic today just as I was thinking yesterday I’ve not logged in for ages.  It’s quite true I was always excited to go to my friends house for birthday teas etc.. it was just great, I was only talking about that recently when a friend of mine said she’d seen a post on her local WhatsApp for someone to cater for a two year olds party, what’s that all about, the world has certainly changed since our happy days down at the prefabs.

Parfo

« Reply #51 on: 18:11:53, 17/04/24 »
My aunt & uncle lived there Alex & Nellie Carne