Author Topic: Danceteria  (Read 8897 times)

Danceteria
« on: 09:01:40, 06/12/05 »
Does anyone remember the club in the Village called Danceteria, it was called by many different names in its time - Strangeways, Safeways(!), Dance On.

It was grotty place that seemed to be open from friday night to monday morning. I recall one summer morning buses were parked outside with the passengers staring in amazement at the half naked bodies piling out of this club at 6 in the morning, while the music banged on and smoke/dry out poured from the windows....

Christopher

Re: Danceteria
« Reply #1 on: 18:32:53, 24/10/06 »
This place sounds like fun :D What happened inside ??? Were the bodies half naked when they went in or only when they came out to amaze bus passengers ???

lovemanchester

« Reply #2 on: 12:51:11, 27/10/08 »
god yeah, danceteria was brill, great music, great crowd. we used to go friday night and get home monday afternoon, can't admit to what kept us going, know what i mean? the customers of the adjacent bus station often passed by, you could see them thinking 'what the **** is this all about?' had some fab nights there.

jonkane

« Reply #3 on: 21:41:45, 24/10/13 »
Hi, Jon Kane here, I was one of the resident DJs at Danceteria.Lol at ur summary of the place(central Park), spot on. Jon

shaunlacy

« Reply #4 on: 15:20:48, 21/04/14 »
The most amazing club scene Dancwteria, Breakfast Club & Paradise Factory. There has never been anything like it and there never will. The most amazing years of my life. Many thanks to Jason Ford, mike, and all the others. Long gone but NEVERforgotten.  If you are reading this it is very difficult to explain Danceteria, 3 days of beautiful chaos. R.I.P. Danceteria

Victoria the hairdresser

« Reply #5 on: 21:28:05, 20/09/16 »
Well oh well what can I say,crazy nights in danceteria/strangeways.
Piling in my metro after a night at garlands,straight up to manchester,change of clothes,cup of coffee and dancing till 1 or two in the afternoon,falling out of there with red eyes and a sore throat from all the dry ice and singing. Blondie atomic was a definite stand out tune as I had silver glitter hair one night,oh your hair is beautiful as soon as the bassline kicked in I knew it would be mental on the floor,lovely mix of up for it punters all ages all styles just looking to dance the morning away,pool table and coffee bar,no alcohol sold,grotty toilets and no real dancefloor,good times though! ;D

Bak2bak

« Reply #6 on: 17:37:24, 10/04/19 »
Hey I also was resident DJ for a short time towards the end. Absolutely loved this place just found some old flyers in my shed don’t know if anyone has any can you post pics on this?? Also just found a few you tube clips from strangways. Seems like yesterday. I was in the video dancing my [censored] off lol :smitten: DJ name Dave Paul does anyone remember ?

Robin Banks

« Reply #7 on: 20:41:48, 03/04/21 »
Scan of membership card issued circa 1997

I still miss those days

celtocarib

« Reply #8 on: 08:55:56, 01/02/22 »
@Jon Kane and @Dave Paul. Yes, I remember you DJing at Danceteria. I only knew it by that name so it may show the time of it's lifespan that I was there. I loved it. Used to go Friday night, home Sat afternoon to shower, eat, sleep then back to the club Sat night and leave Sunday night so I could be slept well for the working week ahead.

Bak2bak

« Reply #9 on: 19:39:53, 01/02/22 »
I still have all my vinyl. Those days I miss so much however don’t think I’d last more than a few hours these days never mind all nighters lol.

Janeseymouriwish

« Reply #10 on: 23:04:26, 08/01/24 »
Scan of membership card issued circa 1997

I still miss those days

I still miss them too :( there is a Facebook page I’m trying to find the name and photo on the profile picture. If anyone knows can you email me please or reply on here. I’m new on this so don’t know if I’m even doing this right? I hope someone can read this /see this :) love to all and thank you all for the best times of my life as I probably danced with almost every one of you ❤️ love Angie someone called me Jane Seymour when I was going in there as my hair was so long. Whoever that was thank you so much for the huge complement 🥰😘 Miss Danceteria so much :( rip Danceteria xxx

Janeseymouriwish

« Reply #11 on: 23:06:31, 08/01/24 »
I still have all my vinyl. Those days I miss so much however don’t think I’d last more than a few hours these days never mind all nighters lol.

Haha yes me too. Best days or should I say weekends ever!! Only time or place I have known you go out on a Friday and come home on a Monday. Never any trouble such a beautiful place and such beautiful souls.

Janeseymouriwish

« Reply #12 on: 23:09:59, 08/01/24 »
Hi, Jon Kane here, I was one of the resident DJs at Danceteria.Lol at ur summary of the place(central Park), spot on. Jon

Hey Jon thank you so much for the good times playing such great music and being part of the best days of mine and so many peoples lives. Even though we didn’t meet I feel the love. It was pure joy this place. Have you heard of the Facebook page? I’m trying to find it and the profile pic but I can’t find it 😫 aparantly Tiger has set up a page !!! Please can anyone help with the name of the page and what the profile picture is please 🙏😇😍🥰❤️