Author Topic: Crumpsall Open Air School  (Read 20837 times)

Parky

Re: Crumpsall Open Air School
« Reply #30 on: 20:42:31, 15/06/20 »
Minniedog did you receive my message ?

Parky

« Reply #31 on: 09:06:36, 16/06/20 »
Morning minniedog I have many great memories from coas, lovely teachers mrs crossley, mr price , mr neill ,miss shearn , mrs Kaye, mrs boocock, mr Reynolds , pupils I remember are my best friend jimmy smith rip, Ross Dillon rip, Brendon judge , Ian Atkinson,billy nickson, Ken bowman and many more , I’ve recently just got in touch with Janice inchcliffe ( her brother John went there also) and graham Robinson who’s sister pat attended the school , if you remember any pupils please let me know .

Minniedog

« Reply #32 on: 11:08:05, 16/06/20 »
It so sad to hear when lovely teachers and great pupils pass away . I spent my final year there under acting headmaster Mr Price who was brilliant and still have my school leaving certificate . They even went as far as trying to get you in employment before you left .which l did went to work for Pifco has an apprentice domestic repairer.Crumpsall Open Air was also on Friends Reunited years ago . And I put a few post on there..but it’s nice to hear many teachers and pupils name again.

SuePB

« Reply #33 on: 13:07:19, 04/04/23 »
I was amazed to find this site and the School I have been searching for, for a long time. I went to Moston Lane School when I was little but I had pneumonia then double pneumonia and then bronchial pneumonia which left me with Asthma and I missed about 6 months of schooling so it was decided to send me to the Open Air School. I was only about 8 or 9 and I had to take 2 buses to get there each day and I hated it, which was a shame as I realise now how progressive and helpful it was for children like me. But because I hadn't missed as much schooling as most of my classmates I felt like I was back in the infants and really resented it. Obviously I was bright and a bit of a brat  ;D  anyway I used to make myself ill each day because i didn't want to go because Asthma can be triggered by emotions crying my heart out each morning used to bring on an attack. In the end my Father took me out of the school and back to Moston Lane School which I loved. I have been looking for quite sometime for this school as I couldn't remember what it was called just the bus journeys and the look of the school. I was so pleased to find this Forum and the brilliant pictures supplied by Mikey (I think) and to read others comments. I was there in about 1957/1958.

Parky

« Reply #34 on: 13:29:37, 05/04/23 »
I was amazed to find this site and the School I have been searching for, for a long time. I went to Moston Lane School when I was little but I had pneumonia then double pneumonia and then bronchial pneumonia which left me with Asthma and I missed about 6 months of schooling so it was decided to send me to the Open Air School. I was only about 8 or 9 and I had to take 2 buses to get there each day and I hated it, which was a shame as I realise now how progressive and helpful it was for children like me. But because I hadn't missed as much schooling as most of my classmates I felt like I was back in the infants and really resented it. Obviously I was bright and a bit of a brat  ;D  anyway I used to make myself ill each day because i didn't want to go because Asthma can be triggered by emotions crying my heart out each morning used to bring on an attack. In the end my Father took me out of the school and back to Moston Lane School which I loved. I have been looking for quite sometime for this school as I couldn't remember what it was called just the bus journeys and the look of the school. I was so pleased to find this Forum and the brilliant pictures supplied by Mikey (I think) and to read others comments. I was there in about 1957/1958.
Hi sue There is a Facebook group for this school which you can join

SuePB

« Reply #35 on: 14:54:32, 07/04/23 »
Thank you I thought this was the School one x